Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bald Eagles are not REALLY Bald!

Mom and Daddy Len went to the Fort Worth Zoo this past Sunday. Mom likes to look at the animals, but was sad that they had to be locked up, and not in their natural environment.

They went to help me with pictures for my blog, of course. I was SUPER excited when they came home and showed me pictures of my new animal friends! (You can see from my blog, that I get SUPER excited a lot!) I will be posting these pictures mixed in with my other animal friends, so stay tuned!

The first one I want to show you is a bald eagle. The bald eagle is the national bird of the United States of America. This bird used to be on the endangered species list, and there were not many birds left in the world. They have now grown in population and are no longer endangered. I am glad because I think the bald eagle is very distinguished and beautiful.

The only thing I don't understand is why they are called "bald"? I think my Daddy Len is more bald than the bald eagle!!!

My friend, Anna, wrote a nice story about bald eagles recently with an awesome photo, so please visit Anna too!

5 comments:

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

That is very nice of your beans to take some pictures for you at the zoo. The bald eagle is a nice choice!

purrs and headbutts,
Icon

Daisy said...

The eagle is very majestic-looking. He does not look bald to me, either.

Tybalt said...

What a gorgeous birdie! I love all his feathers. He looks llike he'd be fun to play with.

Your mom and daddy are nice to go out and take pictures for you. Maybe I should have a talk with my mommy.

Anna said...

JB this is really nice photo of the bald eagle. Very well framed. And thank you so much for the link and very nice comment. Appreciated. Looks like parents had a nice time at the zoo.

Benjamin Fuzz said...

cool! there are bald eagles in washington state. mom sometimes sees them.