Saturday, December 29, 2007

Birds on Beaches!

Anywhere near water or beaches is a great place to find
lots and lots of birdies.....too bad cats don't spend that much time on beaches!

Mom's cousin sent me this first
picture of a pigeon on a beach in Barcelona, Spain. It looks like an ordinary, every day pigeon to me, like the kind I see here in Texas. I am sure he finds lots of snacks to eat every day from all the people visiting the beach!





This second picture is of a bird from Palm Beach in Aruba. I found out that this one is called a Ruddy Turnstone, and it actually breeds in the cold remote areas of the Arctic but then comes to Aruba
to roast (not literally!) in the hot sunshine. They like to hang out at the docks and beaches of Aruba. They are very brave and like to eat scraps directly off of open-air restaurant tables and are not at all afraid of people!




Please sign my GUESTBOOK, thanks!

5 comments:

DaisyMae Maus said...

Those birdies look ... yummy.

DMM

Daisy said...

Wow, I never knew a Spanish pigeon would look like every other pigeon! I think the Ruddy Turnstone has colors just like a calico cat.

Ariel said...

Those are very delicious...errr cute
Birds.

Therese, PetsitUSA.com said...

My brother's kitty Atomic Kitty (aka Tom) feasted on a bird dinner the other day. I don't think his dinner looked like either of these but he sure enjoyed it!

Anna said...

Ruddy Turnstone comes to Aruba to roast, oh that was funny line, lol, you made me laugh. However, Ruddy Turnstone is a funny name for the bird. We have one here too, it is called Killdeer. Anna :)