Wednesday, December 12, 2007

In Memory of My Cousin, Lizzy

My cousin, Lizzy, passed away recently. She lived at the windmill in Holland with my cousin Monte, whom I have recently introduced on my blog. Lizzy had a long life of about 15 years.

Lizzy was a wild cat when my mom's cousins found her protecting one of her baby kittens in a shed on their property. Lizzy decided the windmill was a great place to make her home, so she adopted my mom's cousins! Her baby kitten was adopted by another good family.


Lizzy had some favorite things that she liked to do......if there was ever an empty box laying around, she would be sleeping in it. She loved the outdoors, and LOVED to hunt for mice! I don't even know what a mouse is.....but I think I would like to hunt for them too, since I am very curious!

Lizzy and Monte were good friends, and sometimes they even slept side by side together. This would last only as long as Monte was not too loud, but then Lizzy would get tired of his antics, and hit him with her paw!

This second picture was one of her best poses. She was very photogenic!







We all miss Lizzy a lot.

9 comments:

Daisy said...

Lizzie sure was a pretty cat. I am sorry she had to go to the Rainbow Bridge.

Anna said...

JB sorry to hear that. You are right Lizzy is photogenic.

JB you asked about adding copyright to your photos. I use photoshop to do that, can you let me know what software you have and I see if I can help you out.

However if you search for online editors you may find one you like, and edit right on line.

I found this one for you http://www.blibs.com/editor

Upload Image, then on the left side you will see edit icons, click on 'T' for text, Type text in the dialogue box, and edit properties - watch the screen for updates. Once you done look for the download text, or save and there you go. Hope this can help for start. Anna :)

PS Watch out for max file size.

Ariel said...

Awww Lizzie was very beautiful this is a great post and tribute to her.

Junior said...

Lizzy looks like she was a great cat! Now she is frisky and running free over the bridge.

Samantha & Tigger said...

We are very sorry about Lizzie. She seemed to be a wonderful cat. We saw you had visited the TGH and we wanted to come say Welcome! We are Samantha & Tigger from FL. We are very pleased to meet you. Your blog is very nice and we will be back to see you. Have a nice Wednesday!

Tybalt said...

Lizzy was a gorgeous kitty! I am sad to hear that she went over the Rainbow Bridge. Purrs.

michico*Adan said...

I will miss lizzie as well~!!!
We will meet together one day :)

Anita said...

Hi JB,

I´m sorry. Lizzie was a pretty cat.

Nice to meet you.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrs.

Emma the Golden Girl said...

and the Canine Kids said,
We're so sorry to hear about Lizzie. She sounded like such a wonderful cat and she was so beautiful.