Sunday, January 13, 2008

Do Boxers Really Box?

My mom is still away from home, but she sent me some pictures! This is my new friend, Alexis. Alexis is a boxer and lives in Livermore, California, and is a neighbor of my mom's mom. Her daddy says she is small for a boxer, and she only weighs about 45 pounds. That sounds pretty big to me, because I only weigh 7 pounds!


I hear that she loves to chase squirrels, and is a very friendly doggie. She also loves to get her belly scratched, and lays on her back a lot, just in case someone wants to tickle her!


Did you know that boxers are the 7th most popular breed of dogs in the U.S.? They are a German breed, and originally were bred for hunting and holding prey. I guess that's why Alexis likes squirrels so much!

But what I really want to know is......do boxers really box? Hhhmmm.....maybe some of my doggie friends know the answer to this question?

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

16 comments:

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

Hmmm, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know that she's gorgeous!

We like your friend :D

Gandalf & Grayson said...

Hi JB. We wanted to stop by and Thank You for coming by to see us!

That'a a big woofie! What we really enjoyed was the crab. He looks fun to play with. =^..^=

DVSHR said...

Hey, JB, thanks for stopping by our blog!

Hammer said...

Hi JB
I don't think I've ever played with a boxer, but my brother, Hobson said they sometimes box his ears when he plays with them. I think they might usually be naughty like us too. We don't take too kindly to dog obedience.
I signed your guestbook and I signed for Beau too.
Love from Hammer

Sam I Am said...

Boxers I know them well they 'box' out when playing, which is very entertaining. They usually moan n groan, snort, sneeze, and just are generally funny about getting their opinion out. And they are the biggest lap puppies you ever could imagine. But, watch out for the not so silent but deadlies! This breed is capable of pealing wallpaper and making your eyes tear up - and tend to be proud of it! She is a pretty pup.

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

Tybalt said...

Alexis looks like a very nice doggie!

Crikit, Sparky & Ginger said...

Does Alexis blog? She looks very sweet.

Love Licks & waggin TX tails

Hana said...

Hi JB! I am a German breed too, but I don't really hunt or hold prey. It's not in me. As for whether Boxers really box or not, you should have your Mom ask Alexis!

JB's Big World said...

Hi everyone,
Thanks for coming by to see my new friend, Alexis. Too bad, but Alexis does not blog...at least not yet! I'll have to ask her daddy to see if he can help her.

P.S. My mom is back home!!!!
--JB

Yoggie said...

Huh, that dog looks grim. Is he friendly?

Forty Paws said...

We want to know if Boxers wear boxers.

We gave you an award. Stop by to pick it up!

Luf, Us

JB's Big World said...

Hi Yoggie,
Alexis is super friendly. I like her a lot!
--JB

JB's Big World said...

Hi Froty Paws,
Thanks for the award I will come pick it up now!
As for boxers wearing boxers......I don't know, but I thought I saw some other doggies wearing underpants on a blog out there, but I can't remember where! Do dogs wear underpants and why?
--JB

Anna said...

JB interesting post and really nice photos of the boxer. I wonder too, but do I want to take on the challange to try myself, lol, a big no no, lol. Thanks for sharing, you are doing great job. Anna :)

Johann The Dog said...

Boxers, they are great! We go to a Boxer Agility Event once a year, all types of boxers doing agility!

Woofs, Johann

Lacy said...

woofies JB, Alexis is a bute ti ful doggy...heehee and a bigggg doggy....me not nos iffin boxers box..or iffin dey ware boxers....me has a hard time keepin up wiff me tweats...

b safe,
;)lacylulu