Friday, January 25, 2008

In Memory of My Cousin, Charlie

My cousin, Charlie, went to the Rainbow Bridge on August 17, 2006. This was very sad for me, as my sister, Taffy, passed away on July 29 2006. I lost two furry family members in a very short time!

Charlie was homeless when he was young, and was adopted from Petsmart, just like me. He was a maltese mix. His mom did not know it at the time, but he was deaf, and only when he kept disobeying her, did she realize this handicap!

He loved going on walks to the park, and loved entertaining. His favorite thing to do was to run around in circles as fast as he could, and when everyone laughed at him, he went even faster! I just learned from one of my doggie friends, that this phenomenon is called "zoomies", by the way.

Charlie slept with his mom every night, and never left her side. He died from seizures of unknown origins, and was only about 8 years old.

Charlie's mom has been sad about losing Charlie, but says she may finally be ready to get a new doggie very soon.....story to follow.


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks! JB's Mom's Big World is new too....check it out!

9 comments:

Maya and Kena said...

Our prayers are with Charlie and his mommy.... We hope she gets a new doggie soon!!
Have a great day!
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

JB's Big World said...

Hi Maya and Kean,
Thanks for the nice comment. I will do an update on the new doggie when she has him.

My mom is leaving in 8 hours! I am freaking out right now!
--JB

Mickey said...

I am sorry about Charlie and Taffy. My sisfurs brother Moxie went to the Bridge March 28,2007. Mom is still very sad.
I think it will be good to get a new cousin dog :) That will make Charlie's Mom happy again :)
Purrs Mickey

Hana said...

Oh, poor Charlie. He looks like he was a very sweet dog!!! Is Charlie's mom going to get an eskie? Eskies are great dogs, ya know?

Hee hee! You used the word "zoomies"! What a great word it is, don't ya think?!

The Cat Realm said...

We are so very sorry! it is always so hard to lose a loved one.... we still miss our Anastasia very much, she left August 21.

Ariel said...

So sorry to hear the sad news.Charlie
looks so adorable in the photo.

Anna said...

JB this is sad story, thank you for sharing, Anna :)

Crikit, Sparky & Ginger said...

awh JB it is never easy to lose a friend but God's Garden is a wonderful place to play and run till the rest of the family reunites.

Love Licks to all who is heartbroken

Hammer said...

Hi JB
We are very sad to hear about your friends, Charlie and Taffy.
We hope a doggie finds his or her way to Charlie's mum soon.
Love from Hammer