Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Kangaroos Can Be Snuggly Too!

I wanted to change continents today, and show you some kangaroo friends. Kangaroos usually come from Australia, like some of my new blogging friends. They have really long powerful hind legs and can run up to 50km per hour!


I think that these kangaroos look pretty fluffy, and I might want to snuggle in their furs! Mom said that would probably be ok, because they are not as fierce as the lion from my other post, but she told me to watch out for their karate kicks!




Mom saw these particular kangaroos at the zoo too. It was a really cold day and they were having a morning snooze in the sunshine. I like to snooze in the sunshine too!



Another interesting fact is that they carry their babies in a pouch. The baby will stay in it's mom's pouch for sleeping and mom's milk till it is about 8 months old. That sounds SUPER snuggly!



Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

13 comments:

Tybalt said...

We have red kangaroos at our zoo! Mommy took pictures of them last spring. They look very cute, don't they?

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Hi JB! Those Kangaroos are awesome... and boy, they do like to snooze just like you!! But I still say that you are so much cuter!
Rocky Mountain Retreat

Anna said...

JB how do you do it, these kangaroos are amazing. Especially the resting one, lol, I am having another good laugh, thanks - Anna :)

Yoggie said...

My male human is from Australia. He likes Kangaroos, too. My female human say that she was a bit scared by them, because a fully grown red kongaroo male has lots of muscels in his arms and really looks like a boxer. She says she was afraid of touching these creatures, altough their fur is very very soft (like a cats!).

Maya and Kena said...

Aww...cute kangaroos!
And don't worry, you can take your time posting about it! We wish your mommy a safe trip!
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

michico*Adan said...

Wowww.... this is really my very first time to see kangaroos sleeping~!!

How sweet are they~~

Angel from http://curiousanimals.net said...

Nice and completely sweeeeeet!

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

Though kangaroos are indeed very cute, I still think you top them all :D

Btw, we've put up a little voicemail and would like to invite you there to say hi! :D

Tks!

Sam I Am said...

Witch one is Kangaroo Jack.The kangaroo has charm,sniff-sniff

Hana said...

I heard that kangaroooooo babies are teenie weenie eensie beensie. Wow! Hmmm, or was that koalas?

Hana said...

I've got a question for you JB. Why are all those kangarooooos sleeping on their RIGHT sides?

Lara said...

kangaroos are so sweet!

Crikit, Sparky & Ginger said...

awwwwh
xo