Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lesser Kudu? No! I Think they are Great!

I decided to post another photo from the Fort Worth Zoo today. These animals are a type of antelope and are called Lesser Kudu, but I am not sure what is "lesser" about them. They look "great" to me!

Actually there are also some antelopes called Greater Kudu too, but I don't have pictures of them today.

Lesser Kudu originally came from Eastern African countries like Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania. They are very graceful and have beautiful spiral horns. What amazing animal friends they are!

They look like they are playing "Follow the Leader" in this photo. Hey, I want to play too!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks! JB's Mom's Big World is new too....check it out!

9 comments:

Tybalt said...

They are beautiful, although their horns and hooves look a little bit scary . . . I'm sure they are nice, though. Unlike the vishus deer . . .

Gus and Louie said...

Those are some really cool animals. I bet Louie and I could herd them.
Yepper we have cats to. We try to herd them around the house but they always get those ginsu knives out and try and get our noses..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Black Cat said...

They are beautiful and graceful, like you - well, not in the same way, of course:) xxx

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Hiya JB!
These are really neat animals. It's an awesome picture too. It's as if someone spilled white paint down the sides of them.... hmmm.

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

Gorgeous photo, animals and friends!

Thanks for showing us these fine animals.

Hana said...

Do you think those Lesser Kudus are Dad, Mom, and Baby?

Angel said...

Great capture! They look like Brothers bears.

Anna said...

JB now I really know about them, I think they are kind of cool antylpe with cool name. Thanks for sharing, Anna :)

Lacy said...

woofies JB, me sorrwy blogger wont let u comment on me bloggy...its been kinda bad last few days...me happy u mama iz home safe...and u need to come to Jans Funny Farm today, they celebrating barkday and meowday...

b safe,
;)lacylulu