Friday, January 4, 2008

Long Horns on a Texas Longhorn!

Since I am from Texas, I thought it would be fitting to post an animal friend that is very often associated with all things Texas. This is my longhorn friend. He posed very nicely for my mom with a big mouthful of hay.

The widest horns on some of these cattle have been recorded to be over 7 feet wide! Those are some big horns. I had better not make my new friend mad!


I like him, even though he is not very fluffy or snuggly. There you have it....my short story about some long horns!




Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD, thanks!

9 comments:

Daisy said...

I am sorry to tell that Longhorn this, but I think he might have bad table manners. You are not supposed to let food hang out of your mouth.

Maya and Kena said...

Wow!!
He's so cute!! But you are so right, better not make him mad!! Hee hee..
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

Angus said...

Not only what Daisy said, if you stand too near one end, you'll get showered with smelly stuff, and if you stand too near t'other, you could get cow-licked! Blech! They have slimy spit :p

JB's Big World said...

Angus,
I think you're right! Both ends are not so good!
--JB

Emma the Golden Girl said...

and her Mom said,
He is beautiful!
We have an award for you over on our blog.

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

hahahahaha, dad sed COW and mom sed duh, no bull. Dem beans is weerd.

Eric and Flynn said...

We haf cattle that live near us, but none of them haf got big long fings growing out of their heads like that.

JB's Big World said...

Hi Eric and Flynn,
Yes, we have some crazy big horned cows here in Texas!
--JB

Max-e said...

Wow, those horns are amazing