Monday, February 11, 2008

Charlotte the Spider


Late last summer, my mom saw an interesting spider in our backyard. We named it Charlotte. She lived in our backyard for a couple of months, and kept rebuilding her web whenever it fell apart.


Mom got scared of Charlotte though, because one day she saw her do a big bungee jump! Charlotte jumped down 5 feet to the ground and tried to catch a grasshopper, and then bungeed back up to her web! If you look at the photo, you will see the zigzag in her web, and this is what she used to bungee jump!


Charlotte was not poisonous though, and her variety is known as an Argiope or St. Andrews Cross Spider.


One day, Charlotte was gone, and I miss her. Charlotte was my friend. As you may know, I LOVE bugs and spiders, so I would have liked to play with her!


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

9 comments:

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

*shiver*... ok, I love all creatures but JB, ummm... spiders are one that I am a tad afraid of and will walk away slowly from... but gosh, this one is really a pretty one and I've never seen a zigzag pattern like that...

Mickey said...

We have those spiders here JB.
Mom still hates them,heehee
She would like to ship them all to you :)

Boots & the Interlopers said...

Our mom isn't a big spider fan, but she thinks that one is pretty in a spider sorta way.

Hana said...

Wow, a bungee jumping spider! That's scarrrrry!

Guess what? Just like I predicted, a poodle won the Non-sporting group at Westminster. Pretty typical I'd say.

powder-puff said...

Hey JB!!!

OOOOOOOOOO that spider is scary!!

My mom is very afraid of spiders but i think if i met chalotte we could be become friends!

lots of love!

power-puff

Hana said...

JB, the poodle ALWAYS winning over the eskie is not my only pet peeve. You see, poodles have 3 categories to enter for their breed: Nonsporting standard poodle, nonsporting miniature poodle, and in the Toy category they are the toy poodles. Now, for eskies, we come in those exact same 3 sizes: standard, mini, and toy... but yet we only get to compete in one category while the poodle gets to compete in 3 categories. Not fair I tell ya!

Anna said...

Oh JB this is scary spider, how big was it? I think you already know how I feel about the big spiders, lol. Thanks for sharing this is actually very nice photo even if it is scary, lol. Anna :)

Tybalt said...

Awwww . . . Charlotte was a beauty!

Angie said...

opps... I said pr 7... meant 3. Too bad you can't change posts once you publish them! sorry!