Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Too Many Chickens in Tortola! (Day 4 on Big World Assignment)

Day 4 of the cruise stopped in Tortola and brings a lot of clucking, and I mean a LOT!












Tortola had chickens, chickens and more chickens and at least one REALLY big rooster! He looks a little scary to me and has frightening "paws". Mom said he crowed really loud each time she got too close to him!


I have to admit, that I have never seen a chicken before, and the baby chicks are so tiny and floofy.....maybe they would like to come and snuggle in my furs? I would let them, you know....










Chickens are really a type of birdie, so I like them a lot.....except for that big bad rooster who frightens me.......I would run away fast if he tried to peck me!



Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks! JB's Mom's Big World is new too....check it out!

7 comments:

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Hi! I see we have a couple of things in common! Traveling & chickens! :) I like your blog!
Voted for ya at the BCA.
Hope to see you a round again!

Tybalt said...

My mommy told me she had pet chickens when she was a little girl, and that they were very sweet to her. I bet I would like them, too . . . after all, they are covered in feathers! The rooster does look a little scary, though.

Furkids in Hong Kong said...

It's Chinese New Year here in HK, and we wanted to wish you all a happy and healthy year of the Rat!

Mickey said...

Looks like this post went to the birds,heeheehee
At least they are animals :)
Purrs Mickey

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Those are wonderful bird pictures, JB! That rooster looks mighty proud, doesn't he... what great colors he has!!

Hammer said...

Hi JB
My mum loves chooks too. She wouldn't have a rooster coz they give the hens too hard a time. She doesn't have time to have chooks as well as all of us right now. Many of her friends have been chooks when she used to have to agist her horses. They make good friends for hoomans too. Mum would give them all names and they'd be treated like members of the family. Apparently chooks don't live real long so mum would find this very hard.
Love from Hammer

Anna said...

Oh JB nice chickens, I have not seen those in a while, I think last trip to Germany brought some nice memories. I grew up on the semi-farm, and we had chickens for eggs and eventually chicken soup on Sunday, lol. And the roosters always attacked me, only me, lol. Thanks for sharing again, and bringing up those good old days. Anna :)