Monday, March 17, 2008

An Elephant Never Forgets


This is my animal friend, Mr. Elephant. He
lives at the Fort Worth Zoo. My mom could not
remember if he was (Asian or African). -- No, I found out from Andrea, that this is an Indian elephant! Thanks Andrea!


I know that elephants are very smart, and they never forget. I wish my mom would not forget things....she even forgets about me too sometimes!







Elephants have the largest brain size compared to their body weight than any other animals, next to humans!

I like this elephant. He has some cute fuzzies on the top of his head.....sort of like my daddy Len.



Elephants can grow up to 13 feet tall and weigh up to over 15,000 pounds! They are big, but very gentle animal friends.

I would like to go for a ride on his back, for sure! I like elephants and they are my friends.


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

17 comments:

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

JB, those are great pics. It looks as if he is using that fence post as a toothpick!
I like elephants too because they like peanuts and peanut butter is my favorite food! Yummy!

Mickey said...

That looks like a cool friend to have and go for a ride on JB :)
I see he works hard too !
Purrs Mickey
PeeEss:HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!

Copito said...

Wow he is a huge friend, JB!

='·'=

Girl Girl Hamster said...

I bet I'll be real tiny beside Mr Elephant

~ Girl girl

Pippa said...

Mistress loves elephants. She always wanted her daddy to buy her one when she was little. Myself I think she would look silly taking an elephant for a walk.

Pippa

Chairman Mao said...

What a beeyootiful ellefant! Momma loves ellefants, too. And she wishes she was an ellefant so she wouldn't furget things as much!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Angel said...

Great facts about elephants! Shame on me, but I made a lot of discoveries while reading your wonderful post!

felinesopher said...

OMG, JB you have elephant friend? must be so hillarious hanging around with them with their big size;)

Felinesopher and her kitties gank, Meaouwy Troops from Jakarta

Moki said...

Hi Jelly Bean,

This is our first time stopping by your blog, so we thought we'd take a moment to introduce ourselves. We enjoyed many of your posts (not done reading them all) and all the wonderful pictures you took.

Purrs and Headbutts,

Moki

Emma the Golden Girl said...

and her Mom said,
Wow, what great photos! Never knew all the facts about elephants either. Thanks for letting us share.

Andrea said...

Indian Elephant.
Smaller and with clear head.
Time ago I red a phrase about Elephants:"If you look into their eyes you feel they know Things we also knew once,and we forgot"

Bye

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Those elephants sure are bigger than our horsies.
-Cosmos & Juneau-

The Cat Realm said...

We like elephants! We like even more to play thundering herd of elephants, hahahahahahahahaha

Hana said...

Do elephants and dogs get along? I would be scared to run into an elephant while on a walkie.

Huskee Boy said...

Hi JB,
Gee those were interesting facts abt elephants, esp the bit abt the brain.. My mom is 'big-boned' (I really mean *ahem* FAT).. so I guess she isn't too smart if we compare her brain size to her body size.. hiak hiak...

JB's Big World said...

Andrea....thanks for correcting me, and letting us know this is an indian elephant!
--JB

Anna said...

JB elephants are my favorite. The Indian elephants have great smile. I visited one German zoo couple of years ago, and captured some nice photos too. Thanks for sharing, Anna :)