Saturday, March 8, 2008

Getting Their Kicks on Route 66


Mom and daddy Len got to Arizona, and saw a few other animals on the way. Of course, another joke was played on me, with this fake owl next to the Route 66 sign!



I am getting tired of these jokes played on me! Mom and daddy Len know that I only like REAL animals! They got their kicks on Route 66 at the expense of me, the Jelly Bean!




Ater this, mom and daddy Len started driving
into a snowy area and it was very cold, around 32 degrees. They came across this poor doggie who had to ride in the back of this truck, so the wind chill on his furs had to be way below freezing! This doggie does not have as good a mom or daddy as I have. I feel sad for this doggie.





Finally mom and daddy Len made it to Holbrook, Arizona. Mom took one last shot of some birdie friends for me on this Grand Canyon Railway billboard.





They slept in a WigWam which is like a teepee! I think that a wigwam would be just the right size for me! Daddy Len thought there was probably a lot of bugs in it....and you know how I like bugs!


The wigwam was a story in itself, so please go to Daddy Len's Blog, to learn more about this teepee motel built in the 1940's!



Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

11 comments:

Lacy said...

woofies JB, pawsome picturs dey tookied on da trip....to bad u didnt git to go too, JB...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Oh, that teepee looks awesome! I would have loved to sleep in that... it looks like a lot of fun!

Hana said...

My mom's friend stayed at a wigwam one time. I wonder if that's the same place that you stayed in.

Your Daddy Len has an interesting blog!

Hana said...

JB, yep, all the dogs at Casper's pawty met online! Can ya believe that? It's too bad your Mom and Daddy Len couldn't make it. They woulda had a lot of fun with us 5 eskies and 1 shih tzu. And then they would have had more animal stories to tell you after getting back from their trip.
~Hana

Joe Stains said...

Its too bad about that poor dog in the truck. It is also too bad about your parents not stopping to see me!!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Wigwam sounds fun. That poor doggie that had to sit there being cold. :(

~ Girl girl

4xBs said...

hi JB, that's a cool teepee. it's too bad that you didn't get to go with them. you would have liked those birds too, we think.

woofs.

Comet and BLU said...

Your mom and daddy Len probably just missed my girl. She had to drive to Winslow AZ for work on Saturday. She saw that scary sign about walking pets with the poisonous snakes at the rest stop on I-40 about 20 miles west of Winslow. Too bad your people didn't find a whole bunch of animal friends for you.

Anna said...

JB cool trip. Lol about the owl. I run into similar scenario once, I was driving to my piano classes, and I noticed that owl. I came home and I said I need to bring my camera next time I know where the owls hang out, to my surprise that owl was always there, and not moving, lol. Oh well may be one day, Anna :)

THE ZOO said...

we hate to see pets in the back of trucks like that. its mean to the pet. that owner deserfes a bitin.

Angel said...

What a motel, and what I like the most is a contrast of these unusual houses and a modern car in front of them.