Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sherman the Seal and a Puppy in Vegas?

Daddy Len just got back from a day trip to Las Vegas. If you don't remember, my daddy Len is a pilot.

He told me that he saw two animals on his trip! The first animal was a Seal! I said: "How could you have seen a seal at the Las Vegas Airport??"

He showed me then......yep, another joke played on the Jelly Bean!


The seal was on a nearby Frontier Airlines plane. Frontier's slogan is
"A Whole Different Animal", so their planes have different animals on the tails that are native to the regions the airline serves.

Frontier has actually named this seal, "Sherman"! Funny, huh?





Daddy Len also got a picture for me of a Puppy who had to ride in the cargo compartment of daddy Len's, MD-80 "birdie in the sky", from Dallas to Vegas. This makes me sad because it must have been very scary for this puppy.


Daddy Len says that the plane belly is temperature controlled, and American Airlines does not allow pets to fly in the summer when it is too hot. Thank goodness, but I still think this is a very bad way to travel!! Mom and daddy Len agree....


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

16 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...

ooohhh. . . We used to think that JetBlue had the coolest tails, but now they've been surpassed by Frontier!

We couldn't agree more about dogs in plane bellies. I once took Ari on an open-air ferry to an island off the coast of Maine. Considering how terrified she was then, I can't imagine stashing her in a cargo hold!

Lux said...

I think I might be scared to fly, because I don't like loud noises! I hope the puppy's not scared anymore ...

Huskee Boy said...

Hi JB,
I went through the same torture as that puppy once when I was abt a year old and mommy sent me back from Melbourne to Singapore when they came back for good. It sure was scaaaawie... *shudders*

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh... that seal on the plane looks cool..

~ Girl girl

4xBs said...

ohhh, we think that puppy doesn't look very happy. Bailey flew on American Airlines when he came to live with us. he came all the way from Minnesota to Seattle all by himself. he was kinda scared when he got here but after a good meal, a good potty, and a good nap, he was good to go! hee hee. he doesn't recomment flying though unless you can ride in first class. what does daddy Len think about that?

woofs.

Luna Spain said...

Yes,that seal on the plane looks cool!

I don't like loud noises!

Hugs

Angel said...

This seal add some pizazz to the plane and about puppies, I perfectly agree with you - poor little creatures.

Deetz said...

Wow that would be very scary flying in the belly of a plane....I wonder, is it dark in there? I am glad I don't fly.
Deetz

Liudmila said...

Great tails! But for the puppies is aterrible time, I think. Specially if you have to fly for some hours. But to stay home alown is maybe much much worse...

dual said...

Even I love animals .. interesting your blog!

Mickey said...

Oh I hope I never have to fly!! I would be too scared. I think the puppy is saying 'help'
Purrs Mickey

meemsnyc said...

Haha, we were tricked by the seal photo. That doggie is cute! We don't think we would enjoy flying.

Hana said...

Wowie Zowie, they let a seal on the airplane? Do you think if I took a plane ride on your Daddy Len's plane that he'd let me ride with him in the cockpit? I don't want to be in the cargo compartment, temperature controlled or not, I'd want to be up front with your Daddy Len.

That was a neat owl photo that Copper took, eh?

Hana said...

JB, did I ever show you my pictures from Italy? . There were lots of cats involved.

4 Boys and a Lady said...

Nice seal! Aww, the puppy looks sad to be in that carrier. :(

Anna said...

Wow JB, it looked so real, I almost thought that it was a real seal, lol. Poor puppy :-(. Thanks for sharing these great images, Anna :0