Sunday, April 6, 2008

Backyard Friends

As I mentioned, mom left me for working in the yard yesterday.


This was troubling for me to be alone inside all day, but guess what? My mom thought of me ALL day! She was secretly on Big World Assignment in our backyard!


Here are some of my Backyard Friends:


This is Mr. Earthworm. Mom says worms are good for the soil because they help cultivate and mix up the soil.






Here is a Mr. Spider. We don't know what kind of spider this is, but mom said there are a lot of this type in our backyard.



Hey.....I wonder if this spider knew my friend, Charlotte?




Mom also caught a picture of a LadyBug on daddy Len's leg. Mom could not get the camera working right in Macro, so this picture is not close up enough.......


Mom said that ladybugs are good for our yard because they eat aphids and other pests.



Last but not least, here is a Butterfly. It was hard to catch this one staying still! Mom said she will try to get a better butterfly picture for me some day.



Did I mention that I just LOVE bugs? I forgave mom for leaving me alone inside all day.......because I just love all these bug pictures! I wish she would have invited them inside to play with me though......


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

21 comments:

4 Boys and a Lady said...

Ooo, that spider looks scary. But we like the worm and the other insects. (^_^)

Momo & Pinot said...

JB!!!! We're ok to see these bug shots but my mom jumped fro the chiar!! hahahahaha.... :D

Momo & Pinot

4xBs said...

hi JB, those are cool bugs. we like bugs too, but we've never seen an earthworm. sometimes we have slugs here. they are ugly, but we don't pay much attention to them.

woofs.

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Well, I knew your Mom would find lots of your buddies out there in the yard. The ladybug is my favorite... I'm not sure if having all of those little guys inside to play would be such a wise thing though... =)

Babs (Beetle) said...

If you had them inside to play, you would probably kill them by accident (or on purpose). They are no fun squashed under your paw. Mummy says the spiders must stay away!!!

Sukie, Livvie & Mitzi X

Liudmila said...

By the way, when mom will finish own yard, I invite her in my. I did nothing there else and everything is covered with 1 meter high weeds.

Chairman Mao said...

oh oh oh I just LOVE buggies, too! They are so much funsies to catch and play with and eat and crunch on, hehe!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Katherine and Pippa said...

I have missed some of your posts because of misery not blogging - sorry about that.

I am allowed out to play for an hour or so tonight so thought I would see what you are up to.

Bugs are ok. I don't chase them.

Anyway I am off to sleep now.

Pippa

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We loved the buggy pictures JB, but Momma didn't like the spidy one! Mommas!!! The wormy would be good for going fishing with, and you would have fresh fishies for dinner!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Those are interesting backyard friends you have

~ Girl girl

Angel said...

Very nice (but sometimes a little bit scary) backyard friends. I don't like worms but i think they are perfect for going fishing.

felinesopher said...

hmmm...great experience to study evrything surround us!
very educative:)

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

I love eat..I mean seeing bugs. I'm pretty sure mommy wouldn't let me near that spider, but I get to chase everything else that comes into the house. mommy is scared of spiders so I get to eat the little ones.
your mommy took great photos!

Tybalt said...

Wow! Your mommy is always on assignment for you, isn't she JB? She got some great pics!

Mack said...

Our mom saw a WHITE Ladybug yesterday! It was the weirdest looking thing. She usually likes ladybugs, but this one was kinda freaky looking. She's seen yellow ones before, but not white!

Deefor said...

Nice looking bugs. Bet you would be a big helper in the yard.

Deefor

Lorianna said...

I like ladybugs and butterflies and I know worms help the soil. But, spiders scare me terribly! Ladybugs remind me of those roomba vacuums. :)

Comet and BLU said...

We like to chase the bugs that are in our backyard. Some even taste yummy. We've never seen an earthworm before. Are they yummy?
Comet and BLU

Hana said...

I think ladybugs and butterflies bring good luck. Well, that's what I say.

Anna said...

Love this post JB, nice arrangement of my no so favorite and very favorite (lady bug) bugs, lol. Thanks for sharing, very nice photo set. Anna :)

d. chedwick bryant said...

I leave these sort of things alone, but I will go after a small mouse.