Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Baker's Dozen of Ducklings!

My auntie in California emailed me these pictures from this past weekend. She was on "Big World Assignment" too! She and my cousin, Jacob, went for a bike ride over to a duck pond at Cal State Stanislaus, and they brought bread to feed these Mallard Ducks.
It is baby season, and each mama duck lays about 7 to 16 eggs. From these eggs, each mama gets about 12 duckling babies! They are so tiny, super cute, and fuzzy!



There was one mama duck was very agressive and was acting like she had not had lunch or dinner for days! She was very greedy, and wanted all the bread to herself! She even grabbed bread right from Jacob's hand and bit his finger! When the bread was all gone, she still kept pestering them for more.


There is always one like this in the bunch, isn't there? (My sister, Poopoo, comes to mind in my house!)





Here is another set of ducklings, and you can see they are staying close to the mama duck.


Hey! How many ducklings do you see? There are 13 ducklings in this group! I would say that this is a Baker's Dozen of Ducklings!



Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

13 comments:

Hana said...

The baby ducks are very cute! They look so fuzzy!

Hammer said...

Hi JB
Greg Lee has kindly agreed for you to be included in the DWB OBBH photo. Can you please email my mum a photo of you looking straight at the camera and mum will add the helmet for you. There is not enough room in your profile photo unless you send this to mum with more room above your head. Mum's email address is khomet@bigpond.com.
The instructions to add the OBBH banner to your blog sidebar is in http://www.dogswithblogs.com.au/stormysorders.htm.
Thank you very much for joining Stormy's mission to bring Beau home in 2008. This means a great deal to us. The photo Greg has created is pawtastic.
Sorry I haven't been visiting lately but mum is extra busy right now.
Love from Hammer

meemsnyc said...

How incredibly cute those ducklings are!!! So tiny.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Those ducklings are cute...

~ Girl girl

kRiZ cPEc said...

lovely!

Angel said...

Your auntie is very lucky! I would love to see these touching ducks with my own eyes!

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Ah-Woo,

Those ducklings are so cute & fuzzy!

-Cosmos & Juneau-

Copito said...

Oh cuttie! Mami want a duck! She love them.

I love Mami, corn and sunflowers muhahaha!

='·'=

Liudmila said...

And we took gooses from agricultural show for one friend and I had to be mama for them for 2 days. It was something terrible! I could do nothing, I could make a step from them, 'coz they wanted mama nearby...

Deetz said...

Those are very cute little baby ducklings....I wouldn't destroy one of those ducks for sure. They are wonderful and friendly looking. That one though, he looks kinda mean.
Deetz

Gandalf & Grayson said...

How adorable! We're hoping for goslings in a month or so!

Anna said...

JB oh these are so cute. I once to followed small ducklings around the river, but then something happened, something ate one of them, it was sad, but that's nature, cannot avoid things like that sometimes. Thanks for sharing these cool photos, they are so cute, again. Anna :)

Mary said...

What adorable baby ducks!