Thursday, April 3, 2008

Don't Turn Your Back on a Black Cat!

Mom and daddy Len went to New Orleans last year. When they came home they told me that they had gotten me a picture of a lot of Cats! Of course, as you might guess, I got SUPER excited.

They saw these cat figurines in a Voodoo shop! I quickly got too scared to be mad at mom and daddy Len for playing another joke on me. (They know I only like REAL animals!)

Voodoo can be traced way back to Africa thousands of years ago. One of the most powerful animals used in voodoo was the cat, especially the black cat! Never turn your back on a black cat or you will be cursed....so the story goes.



It is said the New Orleans is haunted! Marie Laveau lived in the 19th Century, and is considered the Queen of Voodoo. She was buried in New Orleans, so they say. Mom and daddy Len went to this cemetary, which is a big tourist attraction in New Orleans. Does not sound fun to me at all!


But I ask you, why would mom and daddy Len want to scare me like this? I may have a hard time napping for a day or so.....ok, maybe not.....



Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

13 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That looks very scary....
**cover eyes with paws**

~ Girl girl

felinesopher said...

dun worry JB, dun believe on those superstitious stuff! if needed, call the ghostbusters:)


Meaouwy Troops are so glad now coz mommy coming back to home & dun forget to find out inside our brain & compare it with humans' brain, sneak peek at Felinesophy

Angel said...

Relax, dear JB! No doubts, these cats look scary but, my friend, I know how brave you are!

Ariel said...

Those are some scary looking cats.
I think we are much cuter :)

Deetz said...

JB, I am so excited that you are getting a helmet and are going to be with the doggies in our troop to find missing fur kids. Hammer's mummy worked so hard on that website and stuff.
That voodoo stuff is kinda scary. Can't wait to see you in your helmet. I will never tell how the raccoon expired. I was sad he was sick though.
Deetz

Deetz said...

You made my mum laugh about the frootbat ears....lol....She always has said, lil giz looks sometimes just like a little bat in the face...
Deetz

Liudmila said...

So interesting is this about black cat... And if you see Russians, they run away if they see a black cat! Imortant is not to cross his way! Maybe Russians are too far from Voodooo

Kathryn and Ari said...

Cathedrals in Central France have cat GARGOYLES to protect the churches. Sometimes, we call our cat Leila Tov "Goblin" because she likes to perch on beams just like those statues.

Hana said...

I think my Mom had been to that cemetary and saw the place where Marie Laveau is claimed to be buried. She actually saw it on Halloweenie! There were TV cameras around and people with offerings at Ms Laveau's grave. She saw some of those worshippers on TV later. My Mom didn't make it on TV though. I guess she was too plain to garner any attention from the cameras.

Isis said...

those are great statues!

Copito said...

Wow... I want one of these cats for my mom

='·'=

Hammer said...

Hi JB
Voodoo sounds scary to me too.
Charlie and Opy's dad, Greg made the big OBBH photo. Mum is not good enough to do something like this. Mum has sent in all the photos to Greg but there is 1 more to come. Greg is waiting until he receives all the photos before he adds them to the big OBBH photo. I'll let you know when this is finished.
You sure do look a cool Stormy Trooper.
Love from Hammer

Anna said...

Oh JB scary stuff with these vooodooooooo things, good thing they brought pictures only, lol. Anna :)