Monday, May 26, 2008

Big World Reporter, Caught Faking a Report After Too Many Belgian Beers

Bruges, a town in Belgium, is also known for having lots of beautiful Swans. There are a lot of swans in the canals and the Minnewater, which is also called the "Lake of Love". There are lots of swans, ducks and other birds here. Since a symbol of Bruges is the Swan, I wonder why this swan does not keep up his appearance better? What a dirty neck!

I like swans. They are very elegant birdie friends.

Another sight you will always see in this area of Bruges is the Horse drawn carriages. I've mentioned it before, and I will mention it again.....I sure would like to get a ride from a horse friend in a carriage like this!


This horse got to have dinner with a nice view of the canal park area where the swans live.

Now what? Oh no! I think my reporter mom had too many Belgian beers! She tried to submit a report to me that she met a Golden Horse in Bruges!

Nice try, mom, but it won't work. I am a very smart Jelly Bean, and I know a FAKE horse when I see one!


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

18 comments:

4xBs said...

hi JB, that gold horse is very pretty, but we agree, it's fake. we like the swan and the big brown horse though. when we visited some horses at our grandpa's farm, Bailey barked and barked at them. it was funny.

woofs.

Babs (Beetle) said...

Your mum gets to see a lot of places and animals.

I like the golden horse, but not as much as the real one.

Purrs, Sukie X

Mickey said...

Those are cool pics of the swan and horse!! The golden horse may be fake,but he is gold ;) I like his booties too,heeheehee
Purrs Mickey

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh the golden horse looks nice. Good think you're smart JB and can tell a fake horse when you see it

~ Girl girl

angelgrotton said...

Hi JB! This horse must be VERY expensive. But I like these touching swans as well. Your mom is a great traveller )))

MedaM said...

This is another series of photos that I completely enjoyed. I like swan photos very much. It is beautiful picture swan on the green grass full of beautiful daisies. And the horse photos are really beautiful.
JB, Thanks for asking for the nest. I think that it is definitely abandoned. I haven't seen mother bird for days. There are still eight eggs in the nest but I am afraid the eggs will never hatch into little birdies.

Pippa said...

I have not seen a swan, but I like horses. They are nice. I have not seen a golden one though.

Mistress says Belgian beer is nice although she doesn't drink much beer.

Pippa

goldenshade said...

Those swans sure look pretty but I have heard they can be pretty mean. The PM had a few of them at her University many moons ago!

Liudmila said...

These persons are so happy to have so many animals living near them! I think persons that really love animals have to have good souls. Not like those who kill and shoot them. Eh... a little sad today...

Mary said...

Love the swans and horse both! I'm glad JB is so smart.

Clover said...

Your pictures are amazing! Mom is looking forward to a break at work so she can look at some of your past posts!
I left an award for you on my blog. :)
Love Clover xo

Gus and Louie said...

We want a ride in that carriage..
Dad was just telling us this weekend how some of the farmers are going back to using horses since gas prices have risen so high.. Now that is cool..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Sandpiper said...

Wonderful pictures. Your Mom sure saw a lot. The swan is beautiful, and I think that horse ran into King Midas.

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Oh the swans are so elegant... I think they are one of my favorite birds in the whole world...
I think you are also very smart and there is no way anyone can fool you JB! =)

meemsnyc said...

Pretty swan and horse and carriage!!

Emma the Golden Girl said...

and her Mom said,
What a beautiful swan. The carriage ride sounds like a lot of fun and we loved the golden horse. Never seen one of those before.

Kelly Cat said...

All kinds of nice things in Belgium -- especially swans.

Hana said...

Do you think the swan gets carpal tunnel syndrome of the neck?

Your Mom really really has done an amazing job of reporting from Holland! I think she should get a "best reporter" award.