Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I am a Cat, But I Have Lots of Doggie Friends!

Still reporting from Holland! Holland is known for lots of windmills, lots of tulips, and lots of cheese....but lots of doggies too? Yes! There are lots and lots and lots of doggies in Holland! Here are just a few of my new doggie friends.

My mom saw this first doggie shopping at the popular Waterlooplein flea market in Amsterdam. Now why would a doggie want to shop for fleas?? Oh, I know.....maybe he was selling HIS OWN fleas at the market!

Lots of my new doggie friends have special jobs. Here is a new Boxer friend, and he helps the captain of this ferry by keeping watch for dangers, as the official Ferry Guide Doggie.


Mom asked him if he wanted to be my friend, and he said: "I sure would! I have heard of the famous JB, and her Big World!"

Mom saw these 3 doggies walking near the beach on the island of Texel. Their job was official Beach Patrol Doggies. I am not sure what that means, but I am sure it must be important!


This next doggie was very important and was a Security Guard Doggie, and even had his own van! Mom could not find him because he was on an assignment, but she left a JB's Big World business card on his windshield to make sure he would know she had been there to meet him.

Some doggies do not do their jobs as well as my new friend, the security guard doggie. This German Shepherd, was attempting his job as Store Security at this beach boardwalk shop at Scheveningen, but he kept falling asleep on the job!

This next doggie friend looked like a Border Collie mix and mom met him in the fishing village of Muiden near the mouth of the Vecht River. He was very intent on making sure his fishing boat was ready to go in out to sea. His job as you might guess, was a Fisherman...uh, I mean Fisher"Doggie"!


Mom was able to get him to stop working for a minute to ask him if he would be my friend, and he said: "Please tell JB, I would love to be her friend, and she can come fishing with me any time! I don't know if I can catch any salmon for JB, but we have lots of delicious herring here in Holland!"


Here is another Border Collie type doggie. Mom met him in Volendam, which is another fishing village similar to Muiden. This doggie works for my first Border Collie friend, and he has a shop in Volendam where he sells the fresh herring that is caught at sea.


There were lots of doggies walking around all over Holland who had no particular jobs, other than accompanying their owners. Mom saw this next German Shepherd in Amsterdam. Hey, Maybe he can help me Free Adam the Lion from the coffeeshop!

This long-haired Dachshund was just walking around trying to look really cute for no particular reason! Mom met him at the beach at Zaandvort, which is another beach town like Scheveningen. Who do you think is cuter? Me or this new dachsie friend?

Last but not least.....I wonder if this Jack Russell Terrier can run as fast as me? I can run really really fast, you know!


All in all, Holland is a great country with lots of doggies. I believe that ALL cats and dogs can be friends and I am glad to have such wonderful new doggie friends!


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

27 comments:

Deetz said...

Wow JB, that is alot of doggie friends...Its okay that none of them were Airedales. It is good that you have a variety of friends and do not discrimate...I think you are faster then the terrier and much cuter then the dachsie...Those border collies look awefully smart and that one dog is sure to get fired soon
Deetz

Deetz said...

I love reading your stories JB, I think they are wonderful. I always cannot wait for my mum to read it for me...I am still learning how, but I can see the photos. Oh, I put in a word at T-Bones that you may be partial to crinkly paper......wouldn't that be cool if you got a whole box of it?
Deetz

Molly and Taffy said...

Hi JB

Of course we would love to be your friends.

Our hooman is reading the post about the doggies in Holland. She has been to Scheveningen and Amsterdam and Den Haag. She really likes it there. Has your Mum been to Madurodam just outside Den Haag?

Molly and Taffy

Molly and Taffy said...

Meant to say Taffy is a Welsh Terrier hence the name Taffy!

Hana said...

Wow, I didn't realize your Mom was gone so long that she got to meet a LOT of doggie friends. Cool that you have business cards. I should get some made, too! I guess your Mom didn't see any Eskies on her trip though....

Babs (Beetle) said...

Well, I don't think any doggie can be cuter than you JB. You do have a lot of friends don't you?

Purrs, Sukie X

4xBs said...

hi JB, you sure do have a lot of doggy friends. we think that all dogs like to have jobs, and sometimes their jobs are just keeping their humans out of trouble. hee hee. cats don't have jobs though. nope.

woofs.

meemsnyc said...

Wow, so many dogs, they are so cute!

Sparky said...

Wow, you do have a lot of doggie friends, JB! They're all very handsome and beautiful...

Sparky

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's alot of new doggie friends you have JB.
And how clever of them to sell their fleas at the flea market

~ Girl girl

Asta said...

JB,
I love youw pictoowes and stowies..(my Gwampa on my Daddi's side is fwom Hoown, Holland..My Mommi and Daddi have been sevewal times in Amstewdam and stuff.wif my angel sissy Nora..
I'm so glad to be youw fwiend..
i agwee we can all be good fwiends..I love evewyone and think catses awe bootiful and clevew and soooo fast, heheh
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

JB!!!
Are you sure you aren't a dog? I mean you seem so dog-esque! Hehehehe...sometimes I wonder is Satan is a dog. She likes to play with me like on sometimes...until I get a swipe of claws across my nose.

Those crinkly papers are so much fun to play with! Ooooo, have you ever played with curled ribbon...that's fun too! Jb...I think you got a little dog in you and I got a little cat in me. Don't worry, I won't tell if you don't tell!

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

MedaM said...

Great post, JB! You are such a sociable cat and I am glad for that. I too love dogs but German Sheppard is the king among of all of them to me.

Emma the Golden Girl said...

and the Canine Kids said,
We loved seeing all the photos of our fellow canines from abroad.
Lilly is particularly envious of the German Shepherd van and now she would like to have one of her own.
Thanks for sharing all the beautiful dogs with us.

Pippa said...

Hello JB

I think I should point out that the GSD in the middle of your post is definitely not asleep. He may look a bit relaxed but he will have at least one eye on the world and will be looking for CATS if nothing else.

I know, because I often look as though I am asleep when I am definitely NOT.

Pippa

(And thanks for asking after me when Misery abandoned my blog)

felinesopher said...

we love your doggies story! especially the one who wants to sell fleas at flea market;) hahaha, LOL :D

Ariel said...

"Wow" you have great doggie
friends :)

angelgrotton said...

Your friends are adorable! You must be a very friendly cat )))

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Gosh, you sure do have a lot of doggie friends! It was a pleasure to meet them all!!

Kathryn and Ari said...

Wow. Dutch Dogs work very hard. Ari wants to know how on earth they find the time to schedule their mandatory 10 naps a day. She's tired just thinking about it!

Maya and Kena said...

Hi JB!
Nice doggy furriends! Their jobs are so cool!!
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

Lux said...

What a lot of different kinds of woofies - they're all neat-looking in their own way!

Sandpiper said...

Mommy sure found lots of friends for you! They're wonderful!

Mary said...

Some very nice looking dogs...I like that long haird dachshund.

Copito said...

Hello,

your news friends are so cute!

='·'=

Johann The Dog said...

Wow, that's a lot of doggie friends, hope you can stay in touch with them!!!! They have such interesting jobs. Woofs, Johann

Huskee Boy said...

Hi JB,
Wow.. you sure have made a lot of new doggie friends! It'd be fun getting to know them...