Monday, May 5, 2008

Lots & Lots & Lots of Sheep

Still reporting from the island of Texel in Holland. Texel is known for having lots and lots of Sheep...even more sheep than people! Sheep are EVERYWHERE! I asked my mom what were they used for.....but my mom said she could not tell me or I would be too upset. (I heard rumor that the lambs are used for their meat because they are very lean and muscular.....the tears are already rolling....JB)


Mom went in search of some sheep friends for me. Some sheep like this lamb told my mom they wanted to be my friend......


But others turned their back on my mom and wanted to keep eating instead! Animals here on this island sure like to eat A LOT, don't they?

Even this lamb would not stop eating for a minute to talk to my mom.

But then my mom found a really talkative mommy and baby lamb. They were super excited to be my friends and the mommy sheep could not be quiet about it, she was so excited! I sure do hope these new sheep friends will be here next time my mom visits.....and not be someone's lamb dinner.


I found out that sheep are quite useful in Holland, and not just used for eating. My mom told me that this sheep was an entrepreneur (big word for a "business-sheep") and was trying to sell his motorcycle!

I like sheep and most of them are my friends.


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

13 comments:

Tybalt said...

All of those sheep are super cute, especially the little lambs! I am impressed that a sheep would onw a motorcycle, much less sell it! He must be very successful.

Hana said...

Based on the 4th photo, it seems like sheep might develop carpal tunnel of the neck! I wonder if any of the sheep are entrepreneurs for selling their sheep fur? There should be at least one smart sheep among the whole flock! They need to get out of their line of business of being eaten! Dad wants to call the sheep that is selling his motorcycle! He thinks the sheep probably hasn't driven the motorcycle much so it must have low miles on it and is in good condition. :-)

Deetz said...

They eat the lambs? poor lambs. I sure hope they don't eat that really cute baby one in the photo.
Deetz

Babs (Beetle) said...

Well this is very strange. My mummy posted pictures of horses at the same time your mummy did. Today Mummy has taken lots of pictures of sheep with their baby lambs and will be posting them tomorrow. Do you think your mummy and my mummy work together?

Purrs, Sukie X

Abby said...

Hi, JB...

Your sheep friends are really nice..I love the lambs - I love babies...

My Mom made me close my eyes when we were reading the part about what the sheep are used for...

I'll just think of them laying in the pasture...

Abby xxxooo

Comet and BLU said...

That's a lot of sheep. It would be fun to chase them and then count them before taking a nap.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

I love sheeps.. I have some sheep friends too

~ Girl girl

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Holy Sheep! There's a lot of sheep! Cute pictures... I especially like the talking one! =)

Mary said...

Ahhhhh...what cute lambs!

Angel said...

Wow, I have never thought, that lambs can be so cool and nice! I like them too!!!

goldenshade said...

Sweet sheep. The PM wants to give them a big hug!

Emma the Golden Girl said...

and her Mom said,
Lucky you to be traveling to such interesting places where there are more animals than people. Wow!
It's really great to learn about other places through your photos and writings.
Loved the sheep but I'm struggling with the fact they will all be someone's dinner :(

Kathryn and Ari said...

JB, you have such a big heart. We love that about you. And we're really enjoying this photo tour of your mom's vacation. Here in Maine, the lambs are born black (as in, bah-bah-black-sheep). Do you think these are a different breed?