Sunday, July 6, 2008

Malibu Beach Birdies

This is my friend, the Malibu Beach Birdie, (AKA ordinary SeaGull). He lives on Malibu Beach in Southern California. These birdies are very greedy, and obnoxious. So, on second thought, I don't know if he is really my friend.....

Mom ate at this restaurant in Malibu a couple weeks ago. Everyone was seated outside at tables in the sand. Appetizers were served to all the tables, including some hot Chicken wings. What happened next? These greedy obnoxious SeaGulls started to steal Chicken wings right off the tables! They gulped them down and mom could see the big bulges in their necks where the chicken bones got lodged! Mom started to worry about them, but then someone told mom that they gulp up a lot of food and then regurgitate it for their young.
Mom then lost her appetite.......

















But here is a thought I would like to ponder..........
If a birdie like a SeaGull eats a birdie that is a Chicken, isn't that birdie cannibalism since they are both birdies? What do you think?

Maybe that is why these Ducks at mom's hotel were trying to hide in the pond water! Ducks are birdies also, and I am sure they don't want to be a SeaGull's dinner too!


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

19 comments:

Babs (Beetle) said...

Ha ha ha! Seagulls eat anything - they don't care what it is so I suppose that makes them 'cannibal dustbins' (trash/garbage cans to you)

I would hide upside down too I think.

Tomorrow, M&M are have the whole central heating system taken out, and new installed. I am afraid of getting lost under the floor.

I go to the vet Tuesday for a check up before my operation. I will post about it all.

Hana said...

Birdie cannabilism and reguritating food. Hmmm. That doesn't sound too appetizing....

the 4 Bs said...

we like seagulls cuz we can chase them and they fly away. but they don't know about eating chicken. to them it's just food. we like those duck butts. those are cute.

woofs.

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

HEY! Those birds are missing their heads! All I see are butts! I bet you would have a lot of fun jumping from butt to butt huh JB???

That was way awesome of Deetz to do a special Celebrity Report for you! He is such a good friend. I often wonder how I could make my way to Kansas so I can play with him. When I figure it out, you wanna come too?

Slurp!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Copito said...

Oh lala, great birdies, great beach


¡Ariiba el verano! Yeah, summer time!

='·'=

Lacy said...

w00f's JB, wowzers u gived us a lot to think about...cute birdie butt shots...mama saided she didnt blame u mama fur losing her appetite...

b safe,
~rocky~

Mary said...

Oh gross....I think I'd loose my appetite, too. Sure sounds like birdie cannabalism to me. Love the ducks.....perfect ending!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Ah.. that sounds very scary... I dont want to be eaten by those birds

~ Girl girl

angelgrotton said...

The last 2 photos are hilarious )))

Huskee Boy said...

Gee... you are right! That's birdie cannibalism! The other day mom saw a birdie roadkill when she was on her way out for lunch and then she saw that a group of birdies (same breed) were eating it.. Ewww... mom lost her appetite.

Deetz said...

I wonder if those one ducks are practicing sychronized swimming....
I sure missed you over the weekend JB. I hope you are out of the closet and doing better now. Mum is catching up on work and we stopped by to say hello. She trimmed my ear hair while I was sleeping. Kinda looks cool. I might let her trim the rest of me
Deetz

Liudmila said...

I said you, that the seeguls fly till here, till our mountain? And we live in the relatively eng place between mountains about 12 km from sea! Incredible birds!

Tybalt said...

How rude of those seagulls! I'd hide if I was one of those duckies, too!

Deetz said...

JB
I finally got the photos up of the before and after ear trimming pics....please don't laugh....its kinda silly...I liked my crazy hair.
Deetzy

meemsnyc said...

Our mom bean absolutely hates sea gulls. She was at the Jersey shore this weekend, and the gulls are very aggressive and will actually go onto your beach blanked to steal food. They are not scared of beans. They are gross.

Tripper the Psyko Stray Cat said...

DUK BUTZ DUK BUTZ... YUM YUM YUM!!! WHUT'S WITH ALL THE DUKS THIS WEEK AND WHY ARN'T THEY AT MY HOWSE?????

Chairman Mao said...

Seagulls don't sound like they have furry good table mannurs, hehehe!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anna said...

JB we have those here, they are okay around ponds, but same when you see them on the parking lots and beaches and zoos, always hunting for food. And actually we have those a lot in the fast food parking lots. Cool duck butts, lol, Anna :)

Kate said...

Oh I have a picture of a seagull which I must get mistress to post.

Catch you later.

Pippa