Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pooches in Paris

My daddy went on Big World Assignment to Paris, France a couple of weeks ago. Here he is landing his 767 "Big Birdie in the Sky" at Charles de Gaulle Airport. My daddy is the Captain and he is on the left side. Can you see the runway in the distance?

My daddy had a day layover in Paris and he did some walking around his hotel, which was in the Latin Quarter of Paris. The old gothic cathedral, Notre Dame, was within walking distance. It is over 750 years old!

Also within walking distance, my daddy saw a wide assortment of doggies!

This doggie has an art stand just in front of the Notre Dame and he was selling all sorts of artwork! I bet he makes lots of money for snackies!










Now don't quote me on my expertise on naming all the types of doggies my daddy saw, but let me try! I sure hope I don't offend anyone by identifying these doggies incorrectly. I am a cat, you know, so I do the best I can!

My daddy saw a Beagle, a type of Husky, and a Pekinese type doggie.














And he saw an Eskie, like my good friend, Hana! And a little white doggie, that looks like a Maltese or perhaps a Llasa Apso?

And last but not least, here is a Jack Russel.

But what is that car in the background? It is a very small car, just the right size for me! It is a SMART car for a SMART Jelly Bean! I think I would look really cute driving this little car, don't you?

Thanks to my daddy for his Big World Report on Pooches in Paris!

For a look into my daddy's life as a Captain of a "Big Birdie in the Sky", you can visit his blog at Views From the Left Seat.

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

23 comments:

Sunny,Scooter,Jamie said...

Cool pics. Our Grand Dad was a pilot, so now I need to go visit your Daddy's blog.
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Babs (Beetle) said...

I just read your daddy's blog JB. It was interesting!

Purrs, Sukie x

Hana said...

Those are all French dogs, ya know? I spot the eskie, too! Your Daddy Len is lucky he gets to travel the world in the front seat of an airplane.

Hana said...

Oh yeah, my parents call those little cars "Hanacars" because they are just my size!

Deetz said...

Woe, that is so cool, JB. Do you think your daddy would let me be his co-pilot on a trip sometime? I need to learn how to fly so I can go and see all of my friends around the world, including you. I think that car would be great and just the right size.
Deetzy

Noah the Airedale said...

Wow that was a great post JB. We loved seeing all those French Pooches.

tailwags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy

Mickey said...

Oh JB,that was a great report by your Dad :) Those look like nice doggies too :)
I think those Smart cars were made for us kitties!!!
Purrs Mickey

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh, your daddy sure see lots of cute doggies. :)

~ Girl girl

meemsnyc said...

Oh Paris France, Mommy loooooves that place. She hasn't been there since college a long long time ago. But she loves it there and wants to go back one day. J'adore Paris!

Liudmila said...

This is Notre Dame...Great photo! But the dogs seem to be very busy there.

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

It looks as if the dogs own the city and must be leading the owners around... hmmm... they seem to be determined to go go go!! Great post... beautiful area!

Mary said...

Your daddy is one lucky guy to see such great stuff and bring home pictures for you! wonderful photos!

Lux said...

My mom won't get on a plane cuz she's skeered. However, it's very cool that your dad gets to see so many places that way! :)

whatloknows said...

Those were interesting photos! Great aminal : ) pics!!!!!!

Hana said...

JB, I think I want to be a pilot when I grow up. Want to be my co-pilot? :-)
~Hana

angelgrotton said...

that's a nice report - very informative and interesting ))) Your daddy is great )

the 4 Bs said...

hi JB, it looks like people in Paris like their doggies. your daddy gets to see lots of interesting places with lots of good doggies too.

woofs.

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

R mommy is fraid of flying - she enjoyed seeing yur pics of another country. She said if she can't get there by car or horsie, she'll live thru lookin at pics of other places far, far away.

-da boys, Cosmos & Juneau-

Anna said...

Hey JB these are cool photos from Paris. Anna :) PS hope all is well, and the move in August went nice and smooth.

Hana said...

You mean I have to learn how to fly? I didn't realize I have to learn anything in order to fly. Maybe I will rethink this.

Yes, once your Mom knows her schedule better, my Mom says we could try to meet! And congratulations to your Mom on her new job! New house, new job, what next?! If your Mom is nervous about leaving a company she's been with for 8 years, well, then my Mom would be freaked out if she left her company because she's been there for MORE than 8 years!!!

Happy Friday, JB! Have a nice weekend!

GMG said...

Hi JB! After a short break but a long absence, I’m finally back to the blogosphere and found this excellent post of yours! I wonder whether your Dad has flown me somewhere in one of my more than four thousand hours in the air... ;))
Meanwhile, Blogtrotter is now still in Kos on the way to Crete! Hope you enjoy and wish you a great weekend and a nice week ahead!

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hiya JB

Thanks for asking about me.

Mistress thinks your daddy's blog looks cool so she is going to bookmark it and add it to bloglines so he had better keep up to it.

Not that she has room to talk!

Pippa

Molly and Taffy said...

We loved the photo taken from the cockpit.

Molly and Taffy