Monday, September 22, 2008

Simon vs Spike

Today, I would like you to meet my friend, Simon the Squirrel. I will let him tell his story, about living in my backyard and protecting his lunch!

Hello Big World fans! I am Simon the Squirrel. I live in JB's backyard, and I eat seeds and nuts from the bird feeder every day. JB's mom keeps the bird feeder well stocked with my favorite seeds and nuts. It is called the "bird" feeder to try to trick my evil cousin, Simon the Red Squirrel, into thinking the feeder is just for the birds.

I like to take my time eating the seeds and nuts to make sure not to miss any of the great flavors.

Uh oh! I hear something! Who is coming?
Oh no! It is my evil cousin, Spike the Red Squirrel! He is part of the Squirrel Gang of Thieves and he always tries to steal my seeds and nuts!

Look at him, sneaking along, trying to act so indiscreet and nonchalant!

Go away, Spike! I give you the evil eye and the pointy nose! Go away!
I would share with you if you would just ask, but you only try to steal from me! Go away!

Spike the Red Squirrel says: "Foiled again.....How can I get some seeds and nuts? Can't I be JB's friend too?"

Simon had protected his lunch yet again. He then went back about his business shaking down a nice selection of seeds and nuts directly from the feeder, for dessert.

JB says:
"Don't try to steal first, what you could share with friends, if you would just ask!"

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

18 comments:

Lacy said...

w00f's JB, hmmm one question, can me chase ur squeerls like me does mine??

b safe,
~rocky~

meemsnyc said...

Awwww, what nice photos of Simon! Cute squirrel friend! He must be getting some yummy treats!!

the 4 Bs said...

those are sure some cute squirrels, JB. we would really like to talk to them - just for a few minutes - just talk, that's all - hee hee

woofs.

Pippa said...

I have never seen squirrels but I have read that other pups chase them.

Pippa

Spooky said...

Good pictures, JB. Can I come over and "play" with your squirrels?

Mary said...

I'm sure that Simon will get plenty and get fat like his cousins here in Indiana. I was hoping to see the red squirrels,too....I don't have any of those! Love that last photo of him raiding the feeders! Aren't they entertaing to watch, JB?

angelgrotton said...

Simon looks so cool and clever ) Nice squirrels )

Hana said...

You have quite the yard, JB. Hawks, bunnies, mancats, and now squirrels. If my Mom continued to put out food at our bird feeder, we'd probably get more mice and snakes, too! We will live vicariously through your photos and stories.

Kathryn and Ari said...

Simon, some of Spike's very rude relatives live here in Maine. We BARK and BARK at them all the time, and the cats do their little "I want to kill you" cat clicks, but those guys STILL raid our feeders every day.

Fin said...

Hi JB, so nice of you to come by my place. Mommy is still squealing over the darling squirrels!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That's really good to teach them to share

~ Girl girl

Ariel said...

Awww Simon is so cute."Simon Says"
Spike just ask first...Lol

Hana said...

Hi JB! The week of the 5th? Is your Mom flying in early or late in the day? If she flies in early on the 5th, we can meet her then. Otherwise, probably Tues, Wed, or Fri would work. Tuesday would be the best. What part of Hayward is the training at? Might be able to meet for lunch perhaps, if your Mom's training schedule is known... but sometimes that's hard to do. After work would be fine, too.

Hayward is scary??? Where are they putting your Mom up in Hayward?

Liudmila said...

You have so nice photos of the squirell here! But the last is the best surely. I would like too have a tail like that!

Babs (Beetle) said...

What lovely squirrels! I wish I had squirrels in my garden, so I could watch them. You are very lucky JB

Purrs, Sukie x

Noah the Airedale said...

We don't have squirrels here but there are lots of possums. They run across our roof and make noise.

tailwags
Noah

Sunny's Mommy said...

Simon you are kind of cute. Cuter than your evil, thieving cousin.

I have a question. How many days does it take you to empty the bird feeder JB's Mom stocks for you? One day? Two?

Anna said...

JB ohhhh he is so so cute. Anna :)