Friday, September 5, 2008

Whose Feathers are These?

I sure have a lot going on in my new back yard! What have we here? I am a bit worried, because this looks like this could be the remnants of one of my friends! Who could it have been and what happened to him?

~~The sight of these feathers is strangely reminiscent of a story my friend, Deetz, told me......something about a naked Turkey running around near his house. But, he says he did not know what happened to the Turkey's feathers.........hhhhmmmm. Could the same fate have been bestowed upon one of my backyard friends, or something much worse?~~

My mom saw a Yellow Jacket rifling through the feathers, for what reason, I am unsure. I read that Yellow Jackets eat pest insects, so maybe that is what he was looking for? Mom told me not to be close friends with a Yellow Jacket because they can hurt a small Jelly Bean like me.

The feathers in our backyard look unfamiliar to the feathers I am accustomed to inside my house. I wonder who my friend could have been and what happened to him?


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

12 comments:

Deetz said...

lol.....I swear, JB, I didn't do it. Maybe that bird didn't need his feathers anymore with it being so hot in TX. My mum loves it when birds leave their feathers in our yard, so she can make arrangements out of them, debugged of course. Yellow jackets are kinda like PooPoo, very tempermental.
Deetz
Have a great weekend.

Sunny,Scooter,Jamie said...

Wow, you have 2 cool blogs! We stopped by your small world first. Great picturs. We need to read this one too! We live in Denton area and not sure what part of TX Fairview is in. You are pretty JB.
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter&Jamie

Lacy said...

w00f's JB, hmm yellow jackets iz not our friend JB, run iffin u c one....heehee my mama does...me not no where the feathers comed from.. but they iz pretty..

b safe,
~rocky~

Babs (Beetle) said...

Those feathers are a mystery. They are black and white. The only black and white bird we have is the Magpie. I expect you have others though.

Purrs, Sukie x

Noah the Airedale said...

Hmmm it is a mystery. I hope your friend is ok JB.

tailwags
Noah

the 4 Bs said...

hi JB, we don't know what happened to your friend that lost his feathers. we hope he was just molting and didn't need them anymore. sometimes birds grow new feathers.

woofs.

Anna said...

JB I found onece bluejay feathers, I don't know, but I felt sad. Thanks for sharing, Anna :) PS Finally I made here, lol.

Marilyn MonREOW said...

Wow, that's a lot of feathers! I do hope your friend is okay. And yellow jackets definitely are not nice!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Hana said...

My Mom says we could use some feathers to help clear out dust and fur from under the magic food box. We saw feathers on the San Mateo bridge yesterday... quite a few actually... I wonder what all that means???

Our family reunion was yesterday. Wow, I think there were about 20 eskies at the party! I won a gift... by being the oldest family member there. Hmmmm. Not sure I'm liking that win though. I am still young, you know!

My Mom is working on the photos, but it'll take some time, as she is typically behind on these duties. Mom says I was acting pretty strange at the party, cowering in a corner or under a chair. Not my usual self.

Oh, and I met my nephew, Schmoopy!!!! He's pretty cool and did you know he knows how to sing??!!! He performed for us! He's a little bit reserved as he had his back to the audience while singing.

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...

JB!!!

Do you think there's a chance that the naked turkey made it to Arizona? 'Cause there are lots of feathers in our backyard. I stopped chasing birds long ago, so I know it wasn't me!!!

Slurp!!
Mr. T-Bone Beasley

Mr. T-Bone Beasley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angelgrotton said...

It is a big and dark mystery )))