Friday, November 7, 2008

Where Do Bears Come From?

Where do Bears come from? This is a question I asked my mom recently, because I have been worrying about Bears a lot lately in my sleep.

So mom told me the story, from her Big World Assignment to Ennis, TX, just south of Dallas.

I did not know this, but it seems that Bears can come from a farm! The farm mom visited had Chickens......

Horses......

And even a fancy white Cockatoo type Birdie!

And last but not least, there were Bears! A whole bunch of little Bear cubs! Do you know which Bear in this picture I worry about in my sleep?




The Bear cubs had nice parents. The mama Bear is pictured here on the left and the daddy Bear is pictured on the right. My mom was very sad that they could not run around free.


Out of all the Bear cubs, there was one who was the most pesky, persistent Bear of them all! He personally asked if he could come home with my mom and daddy! He whispered to my daddy that he heard about me and my Big and Small Worlds, and he wanted to be my friend......AND my brother?? Now that is a little presumptuous, isn't it?

My mom carefully evaluated the situation, making sure that the Bear got along with the Official Farm Cat. He did not seem to mind the Cat, and ran off with his Bear bubble butt wagging behind him.....ok, he seemed to be Cat-friendly.

So that is how it came to be, that a Bear became my friend in my Big World, and came to live with me as my brother in my Small World!

Now that I know where Bears come from, I will try not to lose so much sleep worrying about them!

P.S. To see some of my brother's antics, please visit my Small World here!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

19 comments:

Deetz said...

I had no idea that bears came from farms in TX. How cool! It is good that your pawents made sure that bears got along with kitties before letting it follow them home.

PS. Its a good thing all of them didn't follow, uh?

Deetzy

Sunny's Mommy said...

It's nice to see where your Bear came from :-) But why did they have to pick the most pesky Bear of all :/ Didn't they know a pesky Bear would annoy you?

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

I didn't know woo were so khlose to Italy too!

That is a furry khute bear!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Molly and Taffy said...

Hi JB

That was so good to see where Bear came from, his Mummy and his Daddy looked lovely.

Hope he continues to behave himself!!!

Molly and Taffy

Babs (Beetle) said...

That was very interesting. They were all lovely little bears I think :O)

Hana said...

Wowie Zowie, look at all those bears! Deetz is right... you should be glad ALL the bears didn't follow your parents home to outnumber the cats. I wonder if Bear wants to become famous. He is getting a lot of time on your bloggies :-)

Liudmila said...

Oh, these are splendid bears! I wanted to have one in my "farm"

Kathryn and Ari said...

Don't worry, JB: where we live, bears hibernate all winter. Maybe yours will sleep through winter, too?

the 4 Bs said...

hi JB, that's a cool farm that your Bear came from. farms are good places with lots of smells and cats like them too. we haven't seen a farm with Bears though. we think your Bear is a friendly Bear. he is very very cute. baby Bears are the cutest Bears. hee hee! we think he will be a good brother for you. you don't have to worry about Bears.

woofs.

MaoMao said...

I'm glad you founded out where your Bear came frum! And what a bunch of adorabble bears.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao.

meemsnyc said...

Oh my goodness, little bears are so cute!!

Kodak the Eskie said...

You're bear is very beautiful! I can see how someone would want all of those little bear cubs!!

Hugs, Kodak

Deefor said...

Thanks for telling me all about bears. They are cute. I hope your new brother is a good cub.

Deefor

angelgrotton said...

Nice post ) Frankly speking, I had no idea! Great shots )))

have a nice-week-end )

Mary said...

He is adorable and I'm glad he has this friendly home now :-)

Dino and Family said...

Thanks for Bear's introduction. Now that we know a little more about Bear, we will be looking forward to your adventures together.
Love, Dino

Anna said...

Oh these bear cubs JB are so adorable. Anna :)

Cat with a garden said...

That is furry interesting! I didn't know where Bears come from...
Purrs, Siena

Pippa said...

Oh JB I didn't realise you had got a new pupbear.

I must go over to your small world and have a look at him there too.

Pippa