Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bongo in the Jungle!

My mom and daddy FINALLY went
on Big World Assignment again,
to the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose, Texas. It is about 2 hours from our house. This Center has 1800 acres of mainly free roaming animals!

My next few posts will showcase the animal friends that my mom and daddy found for me. As you will see, some of these animals were extra SUPER excited to be my friends!

Oh, and just so you know this is a REAL report, here is my mom in action, on Big World Assignment!

The first animal I would like to present is the Bongo, which is the largest most colorful Forest Antelope. It is on the Endangered Species list.

It comes from West Central Africa. They are very good at hiding in forested areas due to their coloring.

Hey.....Wasn't there a song about Bongos a long time ago?

Yes, let's BONGO in the jungle.
Well, that's all right by me, yes.
Well, I'm a tiger when I want love.
I'm a snake when we disagree.

Let's BONGO in the jungle.
Well, that's all right by me, yes.
I'm a tiger...

Ok, maybe that is not exactly how the song goes, but meeting these new Bongo friends made me think of it!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

14 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

HaRooo!

And woo khan't furget the group Ongo Bongo ;=)

I khan't wait to see more khool pikhs from their safari!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Babs (Beetle) said...

That's a very special looking antelope! It looks like it's got cracks all over it's back ha ha!


Purrs, Sukie x

Mary said...

That's pretty cool for being only 2 hours from where you live! They look like they have paint dripped on their sides.

Hana said...

Neato! Is that place like the Wild Animal Park near San Diego?

Noah the Airedale said...

What a great place for a day out.

tailwags
Noah

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Very interesting animals there! I would enjoy a jaunt in that place!

Purrs, Goldie

Liudmila said...

Don't they have cold to live in Texas in open areas? I thought, the antilops need warm places.

Rupert said...

Ooo ooo ooo!! Those big animules SCARE me even though they're very interesting and it's good that you stay at home.

Looking at pictures is safer, and it's more fun when they're printed out on paper that you can play with! (You can attack the animals more safely this way too...)

Paws 'n Claws,
Rupert

Ariel said...

Beautiful antelope I'd love to visit.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Cool! I've never seen one of those before. It's great that your Mom and Daddy help you meet so many new friends :-D

the 4 Bs said...

hi JB, we like those bongos. they are very pretty. that was fun to see a picture of your mom taking photos for your blog. we can't wait to see the rest of the animals.

woofs.

4 Boys and a Lady said...

Wow we are all envious of your mom and dad's adventures! The Bongo sure have some big long horns.

Please keep the pictures coming! Oh, and your mom has pretty hair. (^_^)

Love,
Nermal, Nico, Virgil, Westley, & Mags.

Kathryn and Ari said...

Wow. Look at those stripes. And the antlers! Very cool, JB!

Anna said...

Hey JB sounds like very interesting assignment. Love the antelope photos. It will be all fun to see all your discoveries....Anna :)