Monday, December 15, 2008

Grevy's Zebras are Groovy!

Lookey here! My mom found these new friends for me also at the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose, Texas. They are called Grevy's Zebras and they are the largest of all Zebras!

Grevy's Zebras are can be identified by their large ears and their brown facial markings. Kinda looks like a brown suntan on their faces!

These Zebras are one of the most endangered of all Zebras due to poaching and loss of their natural habitats in Somalia, Ethiopia, and northern Kenya.
Another interesting way to identify Grevy's Zebras is that they have very narrow stripes which do not meet at the bottom, so their bellies are white!
And look! A baby Grevy's Zebra!! He is just the right size for me! "Mom....mom.....do you think I could go for a ride on this baby Zebra?"

I like my new Grevy's Zebra friends! I think they are Groovy!

(Please see my previous post for the introduction of Fossil Rim Wildlife Center showing my mom on Big World Assignment!)

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

24 comments:

Deetz said...

Woe, those are the coolest horses ever....I wonder if we could paint stripes on our horses? Do you think they would get mad? It would be funny and we could giggle together....hehe
Deetzy

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Furry khool!

Of khourse, I think their kholours are grrrrrrreat!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Casper said...

Zebras are sooo pretty!

Anna said...

Hey JB, these are excellent photos of zebra's. I like zebras, those stripes are so perfect. Anna :)

Dannan and The Girl said...

Woah, very cool! I am mad about horses, and I think I'd like zebras, too!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan the Nursemaid

Lacy said...

w00f's JB and all, wow those zebras iz pretty...can we ride them??

b safe,
~rocky~

Rocky Mtn. Girl said...

I really love the zebras and the pretty stripes. They looks pretty handsome! That baby one really IS the perfect size for you!! =D
((Hugs))

MedaM said...

Each photo of this beautiful and gracious animal is really great!

Babs (Beetle) said...

I think Zebras are very lovely, and men are wicked for hunting them :O(
They make really good friends for you JB.

Molly and Taffy said...

Hi JB

Our Mummy and Daddy have seen the Grevy's Zebra in Kenya. They say they are beautiful creatures.

Molly and Taffy

Sunny's Mommy said...

Very cool! Your new friends are groovy :-D

Huskee and Hershey said...

Guess what! My mom is wearing a dress right now and it has zebra stripes! I had to do a double take when I saw the pictures!! Heehee

Liudmila said...

Incredible! I did not know that there are different zebras! It's the first time I her something like this!

Dino and Family said...

I must say that is one fine looking zebra! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Love, Dino

Rupert said...

I wish I have stripes like that.

Maybe not, though. Might make me too conspicuous.

Paws 'n Claws,
Rupert

the 4 Bs said...

hi JB, those are some really cool zebras. they almost make our eyes go cookoo!!! hee hee

woofs.

Pippa said...

hello JB

Those zebras look very nice, I think I would like them as they look like my friends the horses and the donkeys.

Pippa

Kathryn and Ari said...

Groovy is right, JB!

We humans were once driving down the road in rural Maine and passed a man walking two zebras down the road. We both had to stop and shake our heads a few times. 'did we really just see that? Or have we been working too hard?' It was probably a little bit of both.

Mary said...

Beautiful zebras!

Andrea said...

The first is a very beautiful picture.
With a perfect definition.

I Wish You a Merry Christmas.

Buon Natale!

Ariel said...

Your new friends are very cute.I want to go for a ride too...Hugs

meemsnyc said...

Those zebras are beautiful!

Anna said...

Hey JB hope all is well. Just dropping by to wish you happy holidays, happy new year, happy blogging in upcoming year. And I also want to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and visits all year long. Its been a real fun! Looking forward to your posts in the upcoming year! They are unique, fun and your stories!
Anna :)

Hana said...

My Mom said she heard zebras have black skin and white stripes.