Monday, February 23, 2009

Dogs in Danger & Cockfighting!

My daddy flies to Puerto Rico a lot, and stays often near Carolina Beach.

The sand, the surf, the sunshine......it all looks so nice, doesn't it?

Some people are walking their dogs nearby......

There are lots of large hotels and tourists, and more people walking their dogs....but what is really going on in some parts of Puerto Rico??

My daddy saw this little pup, tied up to an old chair on the beach all by himself, with no owner in sight. He was barking his head off and had no water or food.
In some parts of Puerto Rico, dogs are frequently abandoned at the beaches. The Yabucoa coast, on the southeast side of the island is even called Dead Dog Beach because of this. Read more here about this terrible story.

And what else can you find in Puerto Rico??

Cockfighting! My daddy's hotel was right nearby the Club Gallistico, (view some terrible scenes here). I find it so awful to think that my potential friends may have to fight for their lives in such a horrible place as this! How can humans be so cruel?

This is one of my Rooster friends from the past. He told me there is no way, no how, he would get caught up in a cockfighting ring like this! I guess he is one of the lucky ones that he does not live in Puerto Rico!

I don't understand different cultures sometimes. Why do humans want to hurt these handsome birdies or abandon helpless dogs?
.......I wish I could help all the animals in need, but I am just one small GirlCat.


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

21 comments:

Grrreta said...

It is very sad that so many cultures accept or tolerate animal cruelty. We just don't understand how people think they can justify such acts. You've made a positive impact just by calling our attention to the issues in Puerto Rico.

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Like Turbo always reminds us:

People are STOOOOPID...

It is all so furry sad...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

lunaticg said...

Hi!
I think most people do that because they don't feel love in their heart.
See you around.

Hana said...

That's horrible Puerto Rico allows cockfighting. If they allow cockfighting, I bet they also have dog fighting too. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Angel said...

You are a very carinG girlcat! not every one loves ther aninmals like we are loved. it is not only sad, it is horrible

happy said...

Humans can be really cruel...

meemsnyc said...

It makes our mommy very angry that people leave their dogs at the beach! How mean. We are also mad about the cockfighting. That is so cruel!

Anna said...

JB I just don't understand how people can be so cruel. Anna :) PS thanks for the reminder, hopefully someone will read it and wake up one day realizing how bad these things are. Anna :)

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Babs (Beetle) said...

I couldn't look at the links, it would make me too upset. I cannot believe that humans can be so wicked. Unfortunately they are brought up in that environment and think it is acceptable to do these things.

I know a family that came from Zimbabwe and they live to hunt. The young son goes back to Africa and stays with relatives every year - just to hunt. He has such weaponry, it's unbelievable! Yet they are a beautiful Christian family. It's just in their blood!

Dino and Family said...

Yikes! That is very horrible, but a very true fact of how it is in this world. I am sure glad you and I are safe and loved by our families.
Love, Dino

Deetz said...

This is very sad indeed, JB...Why would a chicken or a rooster want to fight anywaz. If you are going to abandon a animal atleast have the decency to leave it food and water....I am glad I live in Kansas and not this place that your daddy goes to.
Deetzy

the 4 Bs said...

hi JB, we don't understand how humans can be so cruel to innocent animals. it makes us very sad. it makes our mom sad too. we are like you and we wish we could do something, but what can us dogs do? what can our mom really do? we just feel sad and helpless.

woofs.

Spooky said...

I don't know how people can be so mean to animals. Even the woofies and peckies deserve to be treated good!

Kathryn and Ari said...

Oh, JB. These stories make us so sad. I wish we could go get all those animals and bring them back here to live with us.

Liudmila said...

Incredible! Cockfights are public! And so open! Could not imagine it.

Ariel said...

It's truly sad how people could be so heartless.

Snowy and Crystal said...

oh that is just so sad about the doggies :( some hoomans are just soo mean to leave our furry friends tied up in the beach with no food or water ..we are just sad

Black Cat said...

This is so heartbreaking. I couldn't bear to look at the links. This sort of cruelty makes me ashamed to be part of the human race. It must be awful for your Daddy to have to go to Puerto Rico so often and be confronted with such awful sights! I wonder why people would get dogs and then abandon them! Sheesh! xxx

Sunny's Mommy said...

It's not just the culture in PR. There was a big bust in Philly years ago and when I googled it just now, there was a bust for this as recently as January 24. Dogfighting rings, too. What is wrong with people that they enjoy watching this?!?!

Pedro said...

That is just disgusting. My mom couldn't look at any of the pictures cause it would break her heart. Add bull fighting to the list of horrible things humans do to animals. Sick.

Pedro