Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What's Mooooo With You?

Here we are back in Texas, north of Dallas, and who is my latest new friend? It is one of my neighbors! My mom met him when she was taking a walk recently.

It is a Texas Longhorn! Ok, maybe he has only a small rack compared to some really big Longhorns, but you get the idea! True Texas Longhorns can have horns up to 70-80 inches wide tip to tip! Now that's a big rack!

He hollered to my mom: "What's moooo with you?" Mom asked him if he wanted to be my friend and he practically came charging over to mom in such excitement at the thought. Ok, well maybe it did not really happen that way, but I like to think it did!

Can you just picture me riding on his back hanging on to his big horns with my little paws, and hanging on for dear life?

I really like my moooo friend!


Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

16 comments:

Angel said...

Sorry sweety, but Mom bigified the picture and that is a lady cow! But She still has a good sized rack!

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

I'm sure the steer-doggy is khwite good at making its point!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anna said...

Hey JB nice moooooo. lol. I like pictures of cows, lol, thanks for sharing. Hope all is well. Anna :)

Fred said...

Hook 'em Horns!

Deetz said...

His horns are so big, you could drive him like a car...I wonder if he will help us run away on our adventures?
Whats mooooo with you, jb? lol

Deetzy

Lacy said...

w00f's, thats one big cowdog...

b safe,
~rocky~

Kathryn and Ari said...

Holy cow! (sorry, couldn't resist). We've seen horns like that on old fashioned cars and garages, but never on a real live animal. JB, I don't think I'd offend that guy (not that you would, of course).

Liudmila said...

These animals are so dangerous! It's not secure to walk near them. As for me they look not very peaceful.

Babs (Beetle) said...

You know, MB took some photos of bulls that turned out to be lady cows too ha ha! It still has big horns though!

Purrs, Sukie x

Deetz said...

I am very scared right now, JB....A blizzard is coming and I am outside in my pen. I am sure hoping my daddy gets home before it gets really bad....I wish you were here with me in my doghouse.
Deetzy

the 4 Bs said...

hi JB, that's a cute cow, but he's kind of scary too. you sure are a brave kitty to be friends with such a big animal.

woofs.

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

File said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hana said...

What a very big new friend you have! How nice they posed for the camera lady.

Keyword said...

hello... you may submit this blog to my webBlog Directory, keyworddir.info.. have a nice day!

Keyword Directory

Dino and Family said...

Gosh! I have never seen such horns on a moo moo cow and they are humongous! Love, Dino