Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - Should I Keep Eating Fish??

My mom just came back from a Big World Assignment to Destin/Fort Walton Beach Florida. The next few posts will be all about the new friends mom found for me there.

There were a lot of fishing doggies riding in boats there. I like to eat fish a lot, every day, in fact, but I was not sure where the fish in my dinner plate came from till now.....

If you look closely, this doggie is licking his chops, waiting for some fish to eat!
The next couple of photos are disturbing to me......

And this is where the Wordless Wednesday part comes in, there were lots and lots of fisherman in Destin, catching my friends........I was very upset to see my Fishy Friends hanging from hooks in the HarborWalk Marina!

I have no words......how can I continue to eat fish now after seeing these pictures?? Has anyone ever heard of a Vegetarian Cat?

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by my SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

12 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I eat lambs and rices -

Imagine the poor rice plants and the bah bahs -

Maybe I should switch to that OTHER white meat?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Tank woo fur sharing the pikhs!

Deetz said...

JB
Very disturbing indeed! Those poor fishies just hanging there. I think it is okay to still eat fishies though. I mean, they are already dead and all and if you don't eat them, then it was all just a waste. You would be doing them a favor.
My mum said all those men in those photo's looked pretty tasty.
Deetzy

Angel and Kirby said...

We thinks it is ok to eat fishes.

Fred said...

My Old Girl is a veggy-tarian. Not me! I don't like fish, though.
I'm really no help at all, am I? BOL!

meemsnyc said...

Fishing doggies!! That is so cool! And that fish looks yummy.

Teddy Bear said...

I think you should keep eating fish. It is so tasty and so good for you.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

the 4 Bs said...

those are pretty sad looking fishies. we think it's okay for you to eat your fishies in the can though. you need to eat something.

woofs.

Black Cat said...

Poor fishies, but they have already gone deaded, so it's okay to eat them now. Not so sure about future deadifying of any crittur, but the planet's a larder, we all have to eat, and cats can't be vegetarians, they have to eat meat as there's something essential for their survival in it which can't be synthesised (taurine or sumfink maybe?). Anyhoo, don't stress darling little JB, eat, live long and prosper! :) xxx

Babs-beetle said...

Well you know, those fishes eat other smaller fishes, and bigger fishes eat those fishes, so I think it's just the way of things. You should continue to eat fishes JB, because it's meant to be that way.

Mickey,Georgia , Tillie said...

JB,I kinda know how you feel. They say cats need meat and Babs makes a good point!!
If those people fishing eat the fish instead of doing it for sport,then it might be OK
Nature is the way it is.
Purrs Mickey

Pippa said...

Misery tells me that there are lots of vegetarian cats. So long as you get a supplement with taurin it seems to be ok not to eat the fishies.

Pippa

Hana said...

JB, my Mom said to mention to you that there are a lot of half naked men in your recent photos.

:-)