Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fashionable Frog!

Still reporting from mom's Big World Assignment in Costa Rica, I now present to you my new friend, the Blue Jeans Dart Frog! My friend is also known as the Strawberry Poison Dart Frog.

Mom almost missed him because he was only the size of my mom's thumbnail! His bright colors warn predators that he is toxic. His skin secretions are not poisonous to humans, but some unpredictable things have been known to happen if you touch him!

I must say, I have never met a more Fashionable Frog. His Blue Jeans, are very versatile, and can be worn for any occasion!

Mom found my new friend hanging out at the base of a huge Ceiba Tree. She said I can be friends with him as long as I don't touch him.

I like my Fashionable new Frog Friend!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

17 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

Blue Jeans is very pretty. We are glad to meet him but we would not touch him!

The Kool-Kittie-Krew said...

Wow, Blue jeans is super kewl!!! No putting him in your mouth JB!!! Your mom sure is having an exciting adventure!!!

Deetz said...

I had no idea frogs wore blue jeans...Why is your mum's face all blurry, did she touch the frog? I bet she touched the frog!
Deetzy

Noah the Airedale said...

Gosh, what an interesting character and such stunning colours.

Noah x

Ariel said...

"Wow" his coloring is so beautiful.
I'm sorry we lost touch,I will put you in my sidebar :)

Teddy Bear said...

That is one cool looking frog! Please have your Mom email my Mommy ymsurf_monterey at yahoo dot com

Love,
Teddy Bear

Debra Taylor said...

What an amazing frog! I have never seen one with those colors.

Check out my blog about a colony of abandoned/feral cats near my home. There will be stories there as time goes on that could inspire and inform anyone you know who wants to help homeless cats.

http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

Would you add me to your blog list?

Thank you,

Debby

Black Cat said...

I love Blue Jeans Dart Frog (though I wouldn't touch him)! I've never seen a frog like him before! :)xxx

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Strawberry!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Grrreta said...

Your new friend is very cute and fashionable.

Liudmila said...

What a nice creation. I normally don't like them but this is really very nice. If I was there I would surely try to touch it! ;0)))

Anna said...

JB this is some frog. I love the colors, lol, in fact I like the orange color. Thanks for nice photos. I might consider this place on my list of places to travel one day, lol. Anna :)

Hana said...

So much wildlife in Costa Rica. My Mom says your pictures are nice to look at, but she would be scared of some of those animals. Mom will live vicariously through your Mom's photos, JB.

Quilt Works said...

This is quite a frog! I've never seen one so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors

Sunny,Scooter,Jamie said...

Oh my Dog. My mom loves those colorful frogs! And your mom ACTUALLY SAW ONE!!!! wow. Mom is very jelly now!
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Dino and Family said...

That is one stylish frog! I have not seen anything that fancy in a frog before! Thanks for sharing! Love, Dino