Friday, October 9, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do!

I hope everyone is not getting bored with Costa Rica, but mom just could not get enough of all the animals there! She went wild (literally) taking pictures of all my new animal friends!

These black Monkeys were swinging through the trees right outside of mom's hut!

They are called Mantled Howler Monkeys. Can you see the little baby here with his mama?

The manager of the place mom stayed at, said this older Howler Monkey had lost his Monkey rankings, and now was exiled away from the rest of his family and his whole group. He was a castaway.....poor Monkey!

Mom only caught one shot of one other type of Monkey, called a Spider Monkey.
I wonder if he likes to play with spiders as much as I do?

I like my new Monkey friends!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

11 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

Those are very interesting Monkeys! The baby is very cute!

The Kool~Kittie~Krew said...

They are so cute!!! Mom likes spider monkeys but HATES spiders!!! And, we hear those howler monkeys make a racket! Also, poor little exiled guy! :o(

Karen Jo said...

Grin. I bet you Mom didn't sleep in with howler monkeys hanging around her hut. The pictures are great.

Teddy Bear said...

They sure are cute!

Love,
Teddy Bear

Hana said...

Wowie Zowie! In the 3rd picture, you can sure tell that is a BOY monkey. No question about that! In the last photo, it looks like that monkey has a hang coming out of his bottom?

Wow, your Mom sure got an eyeful. Great photos! She could become a spokeslady for Costa Rica.

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Good thing your mom only brought woo a horse and NOT a monkey!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anna said...

I was always big fan of monkeys. Wow you have so much fun in the wild JB. Thanks for sharing monkey action photos, excellent shots. Anna :)

Grrreta said...

Those are gorgeous pictures. Your mom's trip to Costa Rica must have been lots of fun.

meemsnyc said...

Oooooh, those monkeys look sooo cool!

Deetz said...

howler monkeys...lol....I would be howler'n too if he ran off with my sack of nuts......No wonder he got kicked out of the family.
JB, They cut down all our corn fields and soon the sunflower fields will be gone. Its getting to cold to go on fishing trips and stuff. Are you going to be a sweater this winter again?
Deetzy

Katherine and Pippa said...

Monkeys are fun. I love monkeys - they are my friends too.