Monday, November 23, 2009

Would You Eat Wood?

I for one, would not eat wood. But this Beaver sure did and does! He was living in the pond area across the street from my CatHouse.

Beavers can cause about $100 million in property damages each year! Their front teeth keep growing longer throughout their lifetime, and are very sharp. Trees, leaves and bark are their most favorite food!

This Beaver has been eating wood and destroying trees in the pond area across the street from our house for a long time now. One of our neighbors finally caught him, and a Parks and Wildlife Ranger came to pick him up to relocate him.

Now a thought to ponder.....Beavers live in colonies of 4 to 8 members, so does that mean I have more Beaver animal friends still nearby?

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

9 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

So woo are saying these beavers khause almost as much damages as khats?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Angel and Kirby said...

Mm was very surprised that there was only one!

Teddy Bear said...

Wow, they sure like wood. I don't eat wood but my sister and I both like to play with sticks...a lot!

Love,
Teddy Bear

The Kool~Kittie~Krew said...

He really kinda cute! Too bad they have to chew and chew to keep they're teeth grinded down. Hopefully you'll find the others too!

hero said...

The beaver looks like a huge rodent... may not be a good idea chasing them. The others must be missing him now.

Licks, hero

Grrreta said...

That's a really cool picture of the beaver. We're sorry he has to move, but we hope he gets a new home with lots of trees and water where he can live happily ever after.

Katherine and Pippa said...

I have never heard of beavers, I don't think we have them here. You must keep us updated.

Pippa said...

I forgot to say that wood is very nice. I like to chew sticks.

ottomusser said...

Give a fool enough rope and he will hang himself........................................