Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Camouflage is an Insect's Best Friend

Mom has been busy so it has been hard to introduce my new friends lately. So I will try to keep everyone posted on my new animal friends as best as I can.

Today I would like to present the importance of camouflage for insects.

Here we have my new friend, the Praying Mantis. He is very "brown" today and looks like the color of this brick!

Here is a different Praying Mantis friend from the summertime. He is very "green"!

Insects change colors to protect themselves and to better find their prey.

What do I deduce from this
?

Camouflage is an Insect's Best Friend!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

7 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

That is a super friend.

Teddy Bear said...

Wow, they are so cool!

Love,
Teddy Bear

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Woo deduce that if woo were 'snuggled' against ME, woo would like a Siberian!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Kool~Kittie~Krew said...

Mom LOVES praying mantis'

Prints the Cat said...

JB, I don't think I need camouflage (boy that is a difficult word to spell) because I just hide behind a curtain or under the blanket or under the bed. But then again, I am not an insect!

Grrreta said...

Your friend has some very colorful kyoot outfits.

Anna said...

JB everyday something new. I never new that praying mantis can actually do that, I always saw them green.

Hope all is well with you, and glad to see you back again. Anna :)