Sunday, February 28, 2010

Crocs in Costa Rica

Mom found me so many new animal friends in Costa Rica last July that I still have more to introduce to you.  Mom searched far and wide, through rainforests and swamps, so I must give her credit again on this Big World Assignment!

Mom went on a boat ride through Tortuguero National Park, and she spotted an American Crocodile and his friend a Tiger Heron.
Hhhmmm, mom, I am not sure they are really friends with each other!

The Crocodile had really big teeth!  Crocodiles sunbathe on sunny days to keep their body temperatures at 86F which is ideal for them.  When a Crocodile starts to get too hot, he opens his mouth to catch breezes to cool down.  This is called "gaping"

 
If the gaping does not cool them down enough, they go back into the water.
......and away my new friends went!

 
....and mom went back to putting her feet up on the job.
My Big World Reporter sure takes a lot of breaks!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

11 comments:

missbreezysbox said...

What's a American crocodile doing in Costa Rica? They can stay there. They give me the creeps. Thanks for sharing.

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I thought your mom would have a different footwear on ;-)

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Prints the Cat said...

Your Mom sure was brave to go visit a crocodile and ask him to be your friend!

Hey, your Mom has good taste in shoes. They are identical to my Mom's shoes!

You asked about my interview. It went very well. They are supposed to publish my story in their newsletter in March!

Sarah said...

It's a good thing you've got your Mom to go out there and document all this for you, there's no telling how that crocodile might have reacted to your friendly overtures.

Teddy Bear said...

Your Mom is so lucky she got to meet all those cool animals. Thank you for sharing her vacation pics with us. We've heard great things about Costa Rica.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

Andrée said...

Your mom is awfully brave to get that close. I can't believe it. I never would've gotten off the boat. Well, maybe to photograph the heron. Brave woman.

Melody said...

Oh what beautiful pictures. I wish I could go on a vacation. It's hard to do with 5 cats. My husband usually takes a fishing trip during the year and I will take a long weekend trip with a girlfriend. It will be nice when we can take a trip together. But until then I can enjoy your pictures and take little fantasy trips.

身材維持 said...

nice to know you ~........................................

Grrreta said...

Aaaak! Your mom was very brave to take pictures of your new friendS.

Anna said...

Nice shoes, lol. Hope all is well JB. Anna :)

聊天室 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.