Sunday, June 6, 2010

Friends in Ft Lauderdale?

 Mom left me to go on vacation in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, this past week.  I told her she must do a Big World Report while she was there, or I would be very upset.
Mom agreed, but I am not so sure she did much Big World research for me.

 
 She said she hiked through the fierce raging sea looking for animal friends for me.

 
 She found my friends' abandoned shell houses, but no animal friends!
 

 She felt she had to show me "evidence" of her hard work researching.

 
This is it, mom?  A piece of Sea CucumberIt is not even alive!

Sea Cucumbers are Echinoderms, like Sea Stars, Sea Urchins and Sand Dollars, and there are many varieties.   
The Sea Cucumber is covered with hundreds of tiny feet with suction cups, called tube feet.  
Ok, so this is interesting to see, but it makes me sad to see an animal friend that is not alive!

Stay tuned for Friends in Ft Lauderdale - Part II.  
I sure hope it will be a better Big World Report than this!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

8 comments:

Teddy Bear said...

It looks like your Mom had a pawesome time at the beach. I wonder where all the sea animals were?

Love,
Teddy Bear

瓊慧 said...

時時刻刻抵抗誘惑,就是一種勝利。 ....................................................

meemsnyc said...

The beach is lovely in Ft. Lauderdale!

淑怡 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna said...

That cucumber is interesting one. Thanks for sharing JB. Hope you not getting any oil slick there, as I been hearing that have been reaching Florida coast. Anna :)

Prints the Cat said...

JB, what happened to the other cardinal eggs?

Hmmmm, a sea cucumber? Well, that's better than the critters Mom has been catching lately.

esthermelvin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
張孟勳 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.