Friday, August 20, 2010

Dragonfly Alert!

What an interesting visitor I had in my garden near our pool!  This is a Common Whitetail Dragonfly.

Mom caught this shot of him resting quietly, hanging from a plant leaf.  I did some research, and found that the males like to "perch" or rest on objects near water.  They do this so they can patrol their territory, and drive away other male dragonflies!

Maybe he should just stop fighting with other dragonflies and come inside and play with me?   What do you think? 

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

12 comments:

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Furry nice!

Mom got a shot of a moth on our walk today - he/she was resting on the street - it made the pikh easier!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Khousin Merdie

Angel and Kirby said...

He would be very fun to play with!

Wendy said...

My sister and I think of all things flying fair game but our mom loves dragonflies and would probably stop us from eating it. Demand for some catnip instead we say...
purrrrs,
Miss Bella and Sele

Teddy Bear said...

That is one cool looking dragonfly. Maybe one day he'll come and play with you.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

韋陳富 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
黃英吳思潔吳思潔邦 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keisha said...

Wow, that's pretty! :)

宜DimpleHollow欣 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fdsaf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna said...

JB and I think this is a great idea. I like those dragonflies, and I liked them even more when I found out that they don't bite, lol. Excellent capture. Anna :) PS thanks so much for your visits to my blog. I been slacking off this summer with visiting, but I think weather is getting cooler and got some more energy going. Anna :)

Grrreta said...

What a gorgeous picture!

Anna said...

JB, I want to go on the trip with your mom, lol. Bring lot of pictures, I will not be surprised how much you of a nature you will see, probably different worlds. Happy travelling. Anna :)