Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Attention All Galapagos Islands Animals! JB's Mom is Here!

 Manuel MockingBird:  So did you hear that JB's mom was coming to our Islands?  
Maria MockingBird:  I did hear that!  That JB, she is some CoolCat, isn't she?  I know all Galapagos Islands animals are so excited to be her friends!


 JB:  My mom flew by plane, and then went by water on a dingy to the Galapagos Expedition Ship, the M/V Santa Cruz.

For those of you who do not know where the Galapagos Islands are, they are about 600 miles off the west coast of South America, and are part of Ecuador.  96% of the islands are designated as a National Park preserve, and are only inhabited by the indigenous animals.  
Some animals are endemic only to the Galapagos Islands - endemic is a fancy word that means you can not find them anywhere else in the world!  The Galapagos MockingBirds, pictured above, are in fact, endemic!

I can't wait to show you all of my new friends!
~~JB

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

7 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

You send your Mom on some of the most amazing trips.

meemsnyc said...

Oooh, we've always wanted to go there! How exciting!

Teddy Bear said...

What a very cool place to visit. We can't wait to meet more of your new furiends.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

My mom ventured out to the furry exotikh lokhale of Ruby Tuesday -

Does that khount fur adventure?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

the 4 Bs said...

geesh this is exciting. we can't wait to see some of your mom's great photos and hear about all of the animals. your mom is a good reporter for you, JB.

woofs.

Anna said...

Just arrived, lol, and such great image to start. Anna :)

romina said...

Amazing photos! Incredible place! I want to do a Ecuador Galapagos travel with my family! I hope I can do this trip