Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Critters in my own Backyard!

Look at this!  Mom does not have to go on Big World Assignments away from home, as I have animal friends right here outside my house!

We are no 100% sure, but we think this is a Cooper's Hawk.  Mom could not get a good enough picture quickly to be sure.
(Maybe our friend, Khyra, knows what kind of hawk this is?)

He had a friend up in a tree too.  They like to prey on pigeons and doves.

That would explain the wounded actor on BIRD TV!  My siblings and I were watching BIRD TV from our window recently, and this actor on BIRD TV, must have been ambushed!   
Cooper's Hawks hunt almost entirely by surprise!

And here is another animal friend.  It looks like a Southern Leopard Frog. 

Look at how cool and shiny his eyes are! 
I bet he came over to my house from the pond across the street, to make my acquaintance and to be my friend!

I found out that Cooper's Hawks don't prey on Southern Leopard Frogs, so I am glad my Frog friend is safe.

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK here, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

9 comments:

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I think it probably is Khooper D Hawk -

I'll have to ask the ones I see - he/she has been teasing Mom and me by being just far enough out of range fur us to flashie beastie him/her -

Here is a link to another blogger's post about them

http://florafaunafolding.blogspot.com/2011/02/answer-to-quiz.html

As fur the froggeh - do they taste like southern fried khat?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

PeeEssWoo:

Chekhk out this one too:

http://www.wgal.com/video/26501738/detail.html

Angel and Kirby said...

Those are awesome friends. We see Red Tailed Hawks at our house!

roughseasinthemed said...

We don't know about the birdie but the frog is cute. We like frogs. I (me, K, not Pippa) am going to post about a huge insect we found this last week and ask peeps what it is so we need your very good knowledge pls JB. I don't know when it will be posted though!!
K & Pippa

Ariel said...

Very cool friends :)

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna said...

Jb nice photo of the hawk, but darn for eating other birds, things I don't want to think about, but hey what can you do about the food chain, nothing really, everyone got to eat. Anna :)

sam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sheena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.