Thursday, April 7, 2011

Researchin' Raptors!

Sometimes I must keep up my knowledge and do research on my animal friends.  In light of my last post on Hawks, I thought I should brush up on Bald Eagles too, who are part of the Raptor family.  Did you know that the Bald Eagle is the only large brown bird with a white head and tail?

Last night I viewed a video of a baby Bald Eagle flying for the first time, in Florida, which was very exciting to me!
A baby Bald Eagle is called an Eaglet, and they are able to fly at 10-11 weeks old.
  
 At one point, I even had to move closer to make sure there was not a real Eaglet flying inside my house!

I bet you can tell I have been researching a lot!

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK here, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

10 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

Mom thinks there is an Eagle preserve in south Texas. She would love to go see it!

Liudmila said...

Our cat likes to watch TV, too. And, since they watch it together with my husband, and he prefers documentaries, I can say that Basja makes too much researches, too.
Well, I think, it's notr very good for the sensible cat's eyes.

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Woo are khwite a good repurrrrrrcher!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Melody said...

You look so interested in the birds. Sounds like you have learned a lot too.

Prints the Cat said...

I like your animal TV. Each time I try to get up close and personal with the TV, someone whisks me away. I want to come to your house, JB.

Anna said...

Jb oh that was just too cute.
Anna :)

aisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aisha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sheena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We like to watch bird TV too. xx