Monday, July 11, 2011

Who Owns Our Yard?

Mom still has not traveled for any Big World Assignments, so we get to have her all to ourselves.  We do like that, but I really need some new animal friends too.

This is Mister the Bunny.  He lives in our yard, and is here every day. He is of the Eastern Cottontail variety of Bunny.

Mister the Bunny has no fear and he lets mom walk up to him within about a yard or two of him.  He thinks he owns our yard.  Mom tells him he does not.

 This is  Dilly the 'Dillo.  As Nine-Banded Armadillos do, he must have gotten himself surprised and jumped straight up in the air, and then had a a fatal accident.  He had to depart to the Rainbow BridgePoor Dilly.
He thought he owned our yard too, and our flower beds, and our plants, and his den under our house etc.
Mom told him he did not.

Mom wants it noted, that she did not help Dilly to the Rainbow Bridge, but that she was not sad to see him go.
RIP Dilly.

Before you go, please sign my GUESTBOOK here, and stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

10 comments:

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We LOVE the pictures of Benny, they are beautiful. Now as far as Armie goes, we reserve comment ... hee hee!
Sabrina, Sam, Simon and Momma Jan

Angel and Kirby said...

Benny is a sweet friend. WE do not have any comment on Armie, either!

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I wonder if Bun E Foo Foo is your bunny's khousin?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Maybe Armie is just 'sleeping' like the groundhoggeh I saw last week?

Prints the Cat said...

Ohh, Benny is very cute! Are you sure he doesn't own the yard? Maybe one day there'll be baby bunnies in your yard, too!!!

Poor Armie. I wonder what happened. Do Armadillos wander around in TX like squirrels do? My Mom sympathizes with your Mom. We still get gophers and mice and rats from time to time.

SAS....Sammy, Andy and Shelly said...

Isn't the Armadillo our state animal?????? It's sad to say our mama has never seen one except as road kill!!!!!!!

we are so sad to hear you lost Armie.

xxxxxx

GRAÇA said...

Kika and I am like to be your friend, I have many friends who vivemai in your country, I have a cousin who is there to make the post douturamento, I have a crappy living here on my terrace and is only a fight because he wants to come into the house and I do not want you inside, you have any idea how I come free of this pest peganhosa who just wants the company of humans ..
I'm waiting for your visit, to know me
Ronrons of
kika

Prints the Cat said...

We just looked up Armadillos on wikipedia. You weren't kidding when you said Armie probably jumped straight up into the air when something surprised him! Also, seeing the underside of Armie is interesting, as he has no armor underneath. Did you know when Armadillos give birth, some species have 4 identical babies! Thanks for introducing us to the world of Armadillos.

Roy said...

Buddies are acceptable in the SouthWoods, Armadillos NOT!

Love the camera work. Great shot of the Bunrabbit.

I'll be back .....

Later .....

Pippa said...

Benny is cute. He looks like one of those bunny statues.

Pippa

Anna said...

JB I have to tell you your photos are amazing, so crisp. Who owns my backyard, well, the rabbit as yours, the chipmunk, and whole bunch of insects, lol. Anna :)