Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From a Water Fowl Perspective, Tanning is Not Just for Cats!

Mom has been on Big World hiatus lately, so I have not had too many new animal friends to write about.   
I told her she must at least find me some new Texas friends, so she did!

Follow the Leader!  Are these Ducks really following the lead of the Gull?  That seems pretty silly to me!   
Or maybe they are just trying to soak up the sun like cats do?

Mom stopped by McKinney Towne Lake, a recreation area, which is nearby my house.  There is a large lake and lots of Water Fowl there.  Water Fowl are really large birdies, so you can understand why I like them a lot!

One of the Canada Geese honked out a big announcement to let all the Water Fowl know that my mom was there!

 Some of the Water Fowl had 'tudes, like this White Chinese Goose!  "Honk, honk!  JB's mom, are you lookin' at me??"

This Muscovy Duck, looked like he needed a makeover!  This guy sure is, uh, interesting looking!  
Maybe he is part Ugly Duckling variety?

Then as mom was walking away, she caught sight of a very beautiful Great White Egret, along with more suntanning Ducks.  
Mom then realized that Ducks and Cats are quite similar, and we both enjoy a good FurTan or FeatherTan!

Before you go, please stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

4 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

Our Mom has not been to Town Lake! It looks like a great place to get some sun and fresh air, when it gets a little warmer!

Shane Kent Louis said...

what a great place, it look so relaxing :D



--------------------------------
It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

The Cat From Hell said...

Me loves to stalk the canada Geese! Me ALMOST caught one once, but it turned around and chased mes!
Kisses
Nellie

Keith Andrea said...

.,oh wonderful photos. its a great place. I hope someday I can go also there..lol


Dog Fence
Pet Solutions
Its All About Bichon