Monday, February 27, 2012

I Adopted a Sea Turtle!

Everyone knows I am a smart JellyBean, and I love animals.  So, I was on the internet doing some animal research recently and I came across an interesting place on South Padre Island, TX - Sea Turtle, Inc!  This organization rescues, rehabilitates and releases all kinds of Sea Turtles, as well as educate the public and work on conservation efforts.  They do good work!

 I became very intrigued by their adoption program, because I am adopted too!  I decided to help by donating and adopting a Sea Turtle!  Mom helped me donate the green papers, and I adopted Allison!  She is an Atlantic Green Sea Turtle.

Allison is famous just like me, though she is known for something very unique.  Allison is famous as being the first Sea Turtle in the whole world with a prosthetic, and she has just one limb!  Normally a Sea Turtle would die in a situation like this, but the nice people at Sea Turtle Inc, taught her how to swim just fine!

The exciting thing about all of this is mom says she will go pay Allison a visit soon on a Big World Assignment!

Stay tuned.  Soon it will be Turtle Time!

Before you go, please stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

5 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

You are a very smart girl. We are waiting to hear and see more about Allison!

roughseasinthemed said...

good one on the adoption JB, and we are sure your mom will take some great photos when she visits

Pippa and K

Grrreta said...

Congratulations to you and Allison! We look forward to learning more about Allison when your mom reports on her visit.

Prints the Cat said...

How exciting to have adopted Allison! We saw your name on the donor list. I am sure your Mom will come home with a good BW report on Allison and her home. We are looking forward to it.

Faith Shen said...

wow, that is really cool, congratulations :)


Dog Shock Collar | Paw Planet