Thursday, April 5, 2012

Flowers or Friends??

So a couple of weeks ago, mom told me she was going on a Big World Assignment for me to the country, just east of our house here in North Texas.

  She said it was so treacherous getting out there, she had to have her friend drive her big truck.  Mom made it sound like this was going to be a big adventure and a wonderful report, with lots of new Animal Friends for me.....

....but what is this mom?  Were you looking for Flowers or Friends??  Mom said, these are some Texas Bluebonnets.  Can't they be your friends?
Very funny, mom!

Mom had arrived at Anderson Farms.  This land has been farmed by the same family since 1869, and is located in Farmersville TX.  They have had a nursery open to the public now since 2008.

"Hey, are you JB's mom?"  Mom looked and saw the resident Garden Dog.  His name was Rascal, and he was the Nursery Supervisor.  Mom hollered back at him, "Yes, I am!  I am here to buy Flowers, uh, I mean, I am here looking for Animal Friends for JB!" 

Mom proceeded to load her cart with lots of Flowers, but no Friends for me.

While leaving the farm, I see mom was also looking at the pretty scenery too, rather than finding Animal Friends for me.

Then what did I  see in mom's report?  A single Donkey.  The Donkey told mom he was grateful to be my friend because he was lonely standing all by himself by the side of the dirt road. 
I am glad this Donkey is my friend, and so is the Donkey!

Before you go, please stop by JB's SMALL WORLD too, thanks!

5 comments:

Angel and Kirby said...

Donkeys are good friends!

Karen Jo said...

Mom says that all the flowers are beautiful. She loves Texas bluebells. You could be friends with the garden dog, too, JB. He looks friendly enough.

Herman

chicamom85 said...

I have donkey friends and they are very nice to be friends with. The flowers are pretty too.

Loveys Sasha

Shasta McCamant said...

Hi! Just stumbled upon your post, and wanted to let you know how happy we are that you enjoyed your last visit! Rascal is still here, and his sister and brother, Roxie & McCoy, would love to meet you, too.
We have lots of pictures on our Facebook Page if you'd like to reminisce! Here's the link: www.facebook.com/andersonfarmsnursery
Have a great week!
Anderson Farms Nursery
1088 CR 557
Farmersville, TX 75442

janice stanfield said...

JB your Mom may want you to tell her that Donna Anderson (Anderson Farm's Nursery) has a FB group (Collin County Gardening Group. All off the members of the group would love for you to share your pictures on the group.
:-)